HybridZ

L28 into hardbody

jintu

Hi im new and from south africa .

Ny Z24 was shot so i got a L28 cause it would bolt on .It s bolted together but the motor originally sits to the left ,but if i had to do that my transfer box and gear levers are way skew.Seems the boxs differed with bolt patterns.

Why are these motors built to sit to the left.

So If i run the motor straight up would it be a problem with the oil feed or carb float level.Otherwise i must run the boxs skew and bend gear levers and fill with more oil.So please i hope someone can help .

Jared

The L-Z (and KA) series have a different installed angle altogether and you can't put a stock L-Z or KA trans directly to your 4 or 6 cyl L engine without the shifter being off to an extreme angle for that same reason. You should be able to fix it using the appropriate engine mounts though.

just swap an L-series bell housing onto your current tranny and you will need some machine work done to the bellhousing but it wont cost much or take to much time. Basically just need to make the bearing race larger to except the truck tranny's main shaft bearing. peace.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...