HybridZ

1 QUICK Z to Run in the " KING of THE STRIP''

Keep on, don't leave us hanging...... Did Jon loose his car? More details please.....

John

I am not sure.. I will let either Jon or somebody else address that one haha.

no you havent met me before.. i just randomly saw his car and came up and talked to him, he told me to put on a t shirt and be part of his team, so i did.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys and Gals,

We were the # 3 draw in the ‘’King of the Strip’’ race series at O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, Indiana. We were there June 12 through 15. The show will start airing on ESPN 2 every Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. beginning July 8 and continue every Sunday for 13 weeks until the champ is crowned. We fought very hard on each of our episodes and WON the first 3 episodes. We broke the axle universal joint in the 4TH episode making us loose that race and that episode. Over all we ran 21 consecutive passes within 30 minuets of each other without even pulling the hood. We have our car.....but you have to watch the show to see how. We received a lot of respect from ESPN, Tommy Johnson, Jr., Melanie Troxel, Tom Abbett (from Mike Ashley’s Crew) and all the other crews about how well we represented our team, ran our Z car, displayed ourselves in our uniforms (best dressed crew there) and how well our Team negotiated for our runs. Anyway much thanks for all your support and help.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/Jon1QUICKZ/DSCN1841.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/Jon1QUICKZ/DSCN1832.jpg

Jon Phillips

1 QUICK Z

Phillips Performance

1-423-735-RACE ( Shop )

1-423-388-0016 ( Cell )

Glad to hear you were able to keep the car Jon. Too bad about the breakage. Of course, with that many passes in such a short time, plus all the stress that they've alreday seen, you're lucky to have only broken one.

Hope you had a great time and at least won something other than the experience, although that would have been enough for me.

Care to disclose the contents of the trailer?

Warren

Hey Jon,

Congrats on the runs, too bad the u-joint gave up. I guess next it will be Pinks All Out in Bristol Tenn.? We are planning on attending / participating.

Jerry is in Tenn. now, I think he is planning on calling you and will be stopping by to see you.

John

Hey Jon,

Congrats on the runs, too bad the u-joint gave up. I guess next it will be Pinks All Out in Bristol Tenn.? We are planning on attending / participating.

Jerry is in Tenn. now, I think he is planning on calling you and will be stopping by to see you.

John

Thanks, John and Jerry. We had our Z cars tongue hanging out on all of our passes and was grateful to get that far. We look foward to "Pinks All Out" at Bristol Dragway on July, 20 and 21 and with you guys coming up to race, hopefully we can put both of our Z's into the 16 car field and put on a good show....and hopefully 1 of us WIN!! Tell Jerry to give me a call and come on by my shop for a visit.

Thanks

Jon

Congrats Jon!

Glad to hear that you were successful in keeping the car.. contents of the trailor sound good too :-)

Z-Gad, Yes we were thankfull to get the Z car back:mparty:. It was hard taking it to the impound lot and walking off from it. Everybody will need to tune-in to ESPN 2 on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. starting July 8th to watch the episodes and how we get our Z car back. For more information go to http://www.masterstelevision.com/index.php and click on King of the Strip.

Yes it would have been nice to win what was in the trailer and we fought hard to try to win it all, but I'm constantly reminding myself that in order to win I also must be prepared to lose.

Jon

I am not sure.. I will let either Jon or somebody else address that one haha.

no you havent met me before.. i just randomly saw his car and came up and talked to him, he told me to put on a t shirt and be part of his team, so i did.

LS1 240Z, It was nice meeting you. Thanks for being part of our team at the taping of King of the Strip and helping us out.:2thumbs:

Jon

Hey Jon,

Jerry came back home today. He was in Nashville TN. and had another episode with his stomach, thought he was going to have to go to the Hospital. He got ot feeling better and came back today. He is expericing the same Intestent thing he had sugery on not long ago. Then he was hospitalized again with an episode. He is going to another GI doctor Wed. for another opinon, hopefully will get it straighten out. If he has surgery again, hopefully he will have a quick recovery in time for Pinks all Out in TN. I will have to drive / race, which is not a problem. Just wanted to inform you.

John

Thanks, John and Jerry. We had our Z cars tongue hanging out on all of our passes and was grateful to get that far. We look foward to "Pinks All Out" at Bristol Dragway on July, 20 and 21 and with you guys coming up to race, hopefully we can put both of our Z's into the 16 car field and put on a good show....and hopefully 1 of us WIN!! Tell Jerry to give me a call and come on by my shop for a visit.

Thanks

Jon

LS1 240Z, It was nice meeting you. Thanks for being part of our team at the taping of King of the Strip and helping us out.:2thumbs:

Jon

it was my pleasure, it was fun hanging out with you guys. did you end up taking the tour of those NHRA shops or not?

did you end up taking the tour of those NHRA shops or not?

LSI 240Z, Yes we went Thursday afternoon to the shops of Don Prudhomme (Snake Racing) home of funny car driver Tommy Johnson Jr. (Skoal Impala SS) and top fuel driver Larry Dixon (SkyTel Dragster), and after that Tom Abbett from Mike Ashley's (Torco Racing Fuels) Funny Car Team gave us a grand tour of their shop. We had a great time checking out all the shops and cars.

Jon

The King of the Strip (ESPN 2) schedule was just released. For more information go to http://masterstelevision.com/index.php?option=com_geda&Itemid=56

The “King of the Strip” will be aired on ESPN 2 starting on Sunday July 8th at 10:30 a.m. with a new episode each week. We will be shown on the 2nd episode Sunday July 15th at 11:30 a.m. 3rd episode on Sunday July 22 at 10:30 a.m. and 4th episode on Sunday July 22 at 11:30 a.m., and our 5th episode will air on Saturday July 28th at 2:00 p.m. We will also have 4 Re-run shows 0n Wednesday July 25th at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday August 1st at 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and Thursday September 27th at 5:00 p.m.

Thanks

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone don't forget to watch our first episode of running in The King of the Strip starting on Sunday July 15 at 11:30 a.m. on ESPN 2 and the 3 episodes after that one we are running in. ESPN 2 needs the ratings to go up so they will do a series of King of the Strip Next Year. :icon14:

Thanks,

Jon

The King of the Strip (ESPN 2) schedule was just released. For more information go to

http://masterstelevision.com/index.php?option=com_geda&Itemid=56

The “King of the Strip” will be aired on ESPN 2 starting on Sunday July 8th at 10:30 a.m. with a new episode each week. We will be shown on the 2nd episode Sunday July 15th at 11:30 a.m. 3rd episode on Sunday July 22 at 10:30 a.m. and 4th episode on Sunday July 22 at 11:30 a.m., and our 5th episode will air on Saturday July 28th at 2:00 p.m. We will also have 4 Re-run shows 0n Wednesday July 25th at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday August 1st at 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and Thursday September 27th at 5:00 p.m.

Thanks

Jon

Saw the episode today. Man, nice car. I don't know what drug you're on to keep you from choking that lady with the Trans Am, but it must be good.

Good luck. Well, I guess you don't need it since the results are in, but, good luck to the past you.

Hey Jon,

I watched the 1st episode.... Barney is a whiner. Then watched your 1st episode. Man the lady is a Bit&^. I am glad to see you whip her. Why was she even on the show? To me it is a semi stock car. Nobody wants to see that IMO.

Oh well guess we will you and your team at Bristol next Friday.

John