HybridZ

1 QUICK Z to Run in the " KING of THE STRIP''

Hey Guys and Gals,

We received a phone call yesterday telling us that we got picked to be on the show "The KING of THE STRIP." We will be taking our "Little Tire 260 Z" that we won on "PINKS" with. The show will be taped May 22,23,24 and 25 at our local track (Bristol Dragway) after the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals. They will be taping 3 episodes a day. If you win you move on to the next race. Participants will be chosen for each episode on a random drawing basis. If we got picked first we would have to win 13 separate races.... 3 out of 5 to win it all. This will be very hard to do but we are going to give it a 125%. If anyone wants to come up and be part of our crew just let me know. Also, I am Looking for sponsors to put on the car. This will be aired on ESPN 2 starting in July 2007. If anyone is interested please give me a call 1-423-735-7223 (Phillips Peformance) or 1-423-388-0016 (Cell).

:-D

Thanks,

Jon Phillips

1 QUICK Z

kingofthestreets.jpg

2007 Television Programming: ESPN2 Garage

Competition Show: “King Of The Strip

Taking its cue from the latest trends in television, Masters Entertainment will showcase drag racing at its grassroots, hardcore best. Part game show, part reality show, 13 amateur ‘hot shoes’ will compete against each other for the title “King of the Strip” (or Queen as the case may be), to be awarded at the end of the show’s season. But there’s a lot more at stake than just pride; each racer must be willing to give up his or her car to the winner if they lose, while the winner has the opportunity of advancing to the next episode and the next competitor -- but he’ll be handicapped in the first race. Will he have the guts to carry on, or fold and take his winnings home? This and other curve balls thrown at the competitors throughout the show’s run will keep the suspense tight, the action intense.

The hosts of the show are Melanie Troxel (NHRA Top Fuel driver) and her husband Tommy Johnson, Jr., (NHRA Funny Car driver). Troxel and Johnson will negotiate and referee the trials and tribulations of each of the competitors, likewise chosen for their personas via auditions. A thumbnail sketch of each car and driver will be presented graphically throughout the series run, as well as formal and ‘confessional-style’ interviews.

The show will be taped at the legendary Thunder Valley Dragway in Bristol, TN, home of the NHRA O’Reilly Thunder Valley Nationals. Each episode will feature last week’s champ facing a new challenger drawn at random. The drag racers will utilize the track’s timing system, not a flagman; best three out of five races winner takes all. For example: if the champ loses to the challenger, the challenger gets to keep all the previous cars won, and so on, until someone has accumulated most of the cars. Each of the losers’ cars will be kept in a special impound lot at the racetrack, where they’ll be locked-up until the final episode, unless…

…A winner happens to break his car. Then he can choose to run a new car from those he’s already won, thus creating a potential alliance with this car’s former owner. If the winner succeeds with the new car, the former owner might get his car back at the end of the series. If the winner doesn’t win, or breaks the new car, too bad. Other scenarios include: former owners lobbying the winner to pick their car; winners breaking their promise once they get to the end; former owners refusing to help or deciding to help beat another competitor they can’t stand -- greatly increased potential for interpersonal conflicts.

At the end of each episode a different sponsor will bring in an envelope containing a mystery certificate to help tempt the winner to fold and go home. Once the next challenger is drawn, the champ is given this option, with the understanding that if he chooses to go on to the next episode, he’ll be handicapped by two lights in one of the five races. But here’s the final twist: in the last episode the last racer standing will be given the ultimate choice of keeping all the cars he’s won, or taking what’s inside a race trailer.

So what does it really take to be King of the Strip? Stay tuned and find out.

King of the Strip will be produced in May and the series will be a part of the ESPN2 Garage block in July, 2007.

Site Feedback? webmaster@masterstv.com © 2006 Masters Entertainment Group, Inc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

judging by the show description, i'd say be very very careful. sounds like it's engineered to screw you out of your car in the second round and beyond.

ya'll already tempted fate and made the Z community proud once, so it would be pretty awful if they have this show designed for "quick grooming" of the competitiors.

Jon, I have confidence in you as a racer and in your car BUT, this time...be prepared to give up the car. Your probability of winning this entire thing just got a whole lot worse. It is possible to win, but not necessarily probable. This is like doing PINKs again and again and again and then finally winning at the end of all the eliminations, plus handicaps everytime you win! That's crazy in my opinion. I know you'll have just as much of a chance as the next guy, but time after time after time? I think a coin flip will give you better odds. How many times can you flip it and make it come up heads consistently? Probability says only 50% of the time without a handicap no less. I'm sure you already thought this all out, but I had to say it because I have only what they've stated to you above. I guess that's not all the information and you probably have more, but I'd like to see some liability or big money cash prize on their part. To me, reality TV cashes in on other people's misery or happiness without giving them anything in return.

Anyway, that's my take on it and I will certainly be rooting for you regardess and hope that you take the win each time. I hope you win the whole thing and take home all those race cars. Good luck!

Davy

Good luck and dont loose. Kinda sounds like Pinks, deal or no deal, and lets make a deal all rolled into one show. Should be interesting. I guess have the fastest car and only show whats needed to win. i will watch :-D

I say go for it !!! Someone will win. Run a fair deal and remember each person you beat you may need later. I know you are a good person so being fair will come easy, but you will need to be a snake when called upon as well.

You're only on this earth once so live life to its fullest!!! Best of luck!

If Hybridz wants to sponsor I'll chip in!!

My dad might be interested in sponsoring you. How much real estate on the car is up for grabs?

As of right now the hood, doors, front fenders, rear quarters and some window space are open. This will be great exposure on ESPN 2 for business and a tax right off. We know we will be on at least 1 episode and if we have the LUCK and SKILL to "Play the GAME and WIN it ALL" we'll be in 13 episodes. Give me a call 1-423-735-7223 (Phillips Peformance) or 1-423-388-0016 (Cell).

Thanks,

Jon Phillips

1 QUICK Z

(Quote: I guess that's not all the information and you probably have more, but I'd like to see some liability or big money cash prize on their part. To me, reality TV cashes in on other people's misery or happiness without giving them anything in return.)

Davy, The final twist is in the last episode the last racer standing will be given the ultimate choice of keeping all the cars he’s won, or taking what’s inside a race trailer " NET WORTH OVER $$$ 100,000.00 $$$. It's going to be a big gamble and take a lot of luck and skill, but someone is going to win it. So... we are going to give it a 125 % and go for it.:2thumbs::burnout:

Thanks,

Jon

1 QUICK Z

P.S. And yes I know...my wife's already told me....I'M CRAZY FOR DOING THIS.:?: HA! HA! HA! HA!

Guest ProjectZ

So if you win a race and opt to take the "mystery certificate", that's all you get right? What happens to the losers car if the winner chooses the "mystery certificate" and goes home?

[quote) How are the cars chosen..All a certain time bracket ?

They have picked cars from all over the United States. They asked for 14.00 to 8.00 1/4 mile full body cars. But you are not going to get kicked out if you run faster, you will just have to give up more spots on the tree.:burnout:

Jon

So if you win a race and opt to take the "mystery certificate", that's all you get right? What happens to the losers car if the winner chooses the "mystery certificate" and goes home?

We haven't seen the full contract as of yet, and couldn't discuss it if we had, but from reading the information on their website (the info posted above in the first post) if the winner takes the "mystery certificate'' ( $$$ hopefully, money $$$ ) you are out of the race and they pull out another car to run the loser or the losers car goes to impound and they pull out 2 new cars to race.:burnout:

Jon