HybridZ

solid diff mount.

caszboy

i searched and couldn't find it so...

im thinking about buying the solid front diff mount for the 180 sold by Arizona Zcar. i have the "clunk" in the rear and know this is most likely the culprit. The car has been siting for about 7 years before i got it.

diffmt3.jpg

so, for you that have this or had this......did you like it? any cons to using it? thanks in advance. sorry if this is a repost

casey

Yeah, what he said. RoostMonkey did a production run of the Ron Tyler style mount and if I'm not mistaken should still have some left over for sale. It'll only be slightly more in initial cost, but will save you some heartache in the long run. Good luck!

Edit: Here ya go check this thread out http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120077&highlight=roostmonkey

Shoot him a PM, I'm sure he's either got some left or can point you into the direction of who he gave them to to sell.

Try and do some research on your own. You should have been able to search "differential mount" or "diff mount" or some combo and come up with this thread on your own. It's also linked to in the diff FAQ which comes up on pretty much any diff related keywords you can come up with.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=95128

ok, so i searched and this is the conclusion that i came up with...

It replaces the front diff mount and assembly and mounts it to the well opposed to the crossmember using a Chevy urethane bushing. Is this correct? this makes it eliminate the future possibility of failing but might increase the noise factor with daily driving.

but i still dont understand the mounting and the use of the two bolts. is this 'kit' a two part kit? or just the well mounting bracket?

sorry, i have never messed with the diffs in z's before.