HybridZ

Possibly The Best V8 Swap Ever!

I remembered that a few years ago I had seen an article on a shop in England that was building a very small V8 from two Suzuki Hayabusa 1300cc motors. It used the Suzuki heads with a V block that the shop had cast for them. I looked it up and it looks like they are in production now.

This thing would be perfect in a Z! It's supposed to be small, Very light weight, will rev to 10,000 RPM and makes 330 HP! What more could you ask for!

http://www.radicalextremesportscars.com/range/sr8/sr8.php

Would the low torque numbers hurt streetability, OR, would getting into the upper power band make up for it? Maybe 1, 2 very low gears to get you off the line the rest could be a bit more spaced out.

Also, the Z is alot heavier than the cars they picture installing them into on that site.

Would the low torque numbers hurt streetability, OR, would getting into the upper power band make up for it? Maybe 1, 2 very low gears to get you off the line the rest could be a bit more spaced out.

Also, the Z is alot heavier than the cars they picture installing them into on that site.

With a 4.63 diff or something like that I'm guessing it wouldn't be too bad. But yeah, the Z is quite a bit heavier than the other cars even if you do lose some 250lbs (guestimate) with the swap. But you could always just supercharge or turbocharge the motor, especially because someone with the money to do the swap would probably also have enough money to make it more powerful.