HybridZ

Price of wire!

cygnusx1

actually painless sells TXL wire. which as i said above is a step down from this wire (take a close look at the entire page of the second link i posted above). the only bennifit of TXL is that it has a thinner jacket it is lighter, but you probably wouldn't know the difference until you had several hundred feet of each and weighed them out. Painless is WAY overpriced on all of their products. with a little bit of elbow grease and planning i could easily make five or six of the same exact harness kits of the same quality for the same price as one of their cheaper harness kits. I just bought the book written by the owner of Painless wiring, "wiring your hot rod." which i don't reccomend by the way. it seems i paid $25 for some guy to do almost nothing but promote his products and tell me how to install HIS harness, not much else. what a waste of money. they definitly are great quality products but they sure seem to think a little too much of themselves when they come up with their prices.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately the cost of all building materials including wire (both stranded and solid core) has gone up over 100% in the past couple of years. You probably will not be able to find it much cheaper in any retail type store. What you can do if you have one of these stores around you is go to "Habitat for Humanity" and look for some wire there. These stores are for people to donate construction items to and the donor can take a tax right-off. The general public can purchase these donated items at a reduced price and even though some of the items are used most of the stuff is brand new including wire and can be purchased at amazing discounts. You can think of Habitat for Humanity as a Salvation Army store for construction equipment and tools.

Dragonfly

WTF! FOR REAL!?

There's one right by my house! :burnout:

If your looking for cheap new wire, Harbor Freight sells wire storehouses with 250 ft. of wire, most of it is useable for the car, lot of it is good stuff and it cost $19.99. You can find their website if you do not have one of their stores locally.

See post #18 earlier in this thread about my experience with HF wire.