HybridZ

I just got a test fit 16x7 Konig Rewind wheel from Discount Tire and it clears the JSK kit (12.2" rotor with Superlite Caliper) by an inch. Im wondering if I should go with 15x8 wheels so I can run bigger tires down the road. Any thoughts?

- Greg -

I am in the same dilemma as yourself, the problem as I see it now is that tires are not being made in the 15 inch size like they used to be. My ideal size if I were going with 15 inch wheels would be to run 15x7 wheel in the front with a 225/55/15 tire, and a 15x8 wheel in the rear and run a 245/55/15 tire, but the later does not exist, I could go with 245/50/15's in the rear but finding a company that will make a 225/55/15 and a 245/50/15 has become impossible. I am hoping more companies will start making more 16x8 wheels that would give us more choices for tire sizes.

Yeah I think I am going to buy the Rewinds and just cross my fingers that Konig releases a matching 16x8 wheel that I can later replace my rears with. According to BFG's website you can mount their 255 series Sport tire on a 7" rim. Not sure how well it would work but they say it will fit. I suppose worst case Im looking at a spacer and a wider than preferred tire on a 7" rim in the rear.

The Rewind with gunmetal finish is a very sharp wheel.

- Greg -

I'd caution you on looking at tire availability in the 15 & 16 for your "desired" application... Will you drag/autoX/HPDE the car? How much tire do you want to cram under those fenders? How sticky would you like your tire to be? How much sidewall would you think you will want???

Do you know what all the numbers on those tire codes mean?

Do you want to?

I'd go over to tirerack.com and get a little education on tires before deciding.

Mike

Why not pickup a full set of the Sportmax 002 16x8 wheels from the group buy page? They're sweet rims and cheap. Get a full set for less than one of those Konigs I bet.

I was in on that GB actually. I got the rims and was not impressed with the quality. Thankfully Jay let me return them for a refund. I find the Konigs to have much better quality paint. The 16x7 Rewinds are $135 EA at Discount.

Do you know what all the numbers on those tire codes mean?

Do you want to?

Im assuming that's directed at me. Not sure why youre thinking Im uneducated? This is not my first time shopping for tires. I have had great results with BFG Sports in the past as an all around street w/ occasional track use tire. Only question was they claim you can squeeze a 245/255-series tire onto a 7" rim and everyone on this board seems to think otherwise. I know it's not preferred.

Im set on the 16x7's now. Sometimes you just need to ask a question to answer it yourself ;)

- Greg -