HybridZ

modding a 280zx widebody kit on a 280z

scottyMIz

well guys i got a wide body kit for a zx for free and i was thinking of fabbing it onto my z. It looks like i am going to do some slight mods but it looks like it will work. I was just going to use the rears but i just might use the front too if they look like they will fit ok. Anyone have any pics of zx wide body kits and has anyone done this sort of thing?

... Anyone have any pics of zx wide body kits and has anyone done this sort of thing?

They are as rare as hen's teeth. An actual ZX widebody kit? Please post some pics when you can. I have not seen large flares for a ZX and I'd love to have some sort of reference. You may think about selling them to a ZX guy and buying an actual kit made for an S30. Everyone would win, provided you get the money to cover the other kit.

Davy

The only wide body kit that I know of is the Kaminari wide body kit. They were originally cost like $2500. Sadly to say that body kit would need some modifications to make it look good on the ZXs. I would love to see you modify it and fit it on the Z but I doubt it would look right on the Z. Please show me some picture of the kit.

I can see him getting back on and saying he already tried it and it didnt work so he threw it away....... just kidding. Hopefully I didnt jinks anything.

Are these ZX widebodies FG or metal? Are they the kind you just rivet to the side of the car?

Scotty I can see a silent auction being to your benefit in the future.

LOL dang i didn't know so many zx guys wanted a kit like this one... i think, Here are the pics from showcars site that everyone said wasn't a good source for kits but it looks exactly like this kit. I don't even know how much the kit is worth, i have the fronts too. oh yea they are fiberglass and i might add very heavy duty glass at that.

280zx-p-visionwidebodyrearfender3.JPG

280ZX-p-WIDEREARQUARTERS.JPG

280zx-p-visionwidebodyfrontfender2.JPG

280zx-p-visionwidebodyrearfender.JPG

280ZX-p-WIDEFENDER-REARQUARTER.JPG

honestly i dont even know what they are worth and then there would be shipping them unless someone wants to drive up here and pick em up. I do like them but if they are as rare as everyone says i'd rather not cut them up. Plus i'd rather have the 280yz flares for it instead.I know someone on here has a set of 280yz flares for sale but he hasn't got back to me on shipping. suggestions on price?

i think showcar sells them All fives pieces are sold as a set for $1295US.

But nobody dears to touch with a ten feet pole ..

hell the dude even sells doors!! fenders, hatch etc in glass !! I WISH all the parts are prized right aswel i mean doors for $275.00!!! .. maybe a group buy with someone that is close enough to them to monitor progress etc!

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/280zx.html

To bad you live in MN in CA i have container waiting .. i think if it isn't in to bad of condition between 300 and 800 ( mint) is easy money ! i would pay you 450 unseen!

What ever you do don't buy from showcars. If the glass looks nice, it aint theirs. THey make next to nothing, most of the Z parts pictured on that site were ripped off from other sites.

those look to be the style i want i think... im wanting to keep the squared body style.. just extend it out for wide body.. and then flare around the wheel well a little.. they dont look too bad... but i still think i may just make my own so i can customize where i want... im SURE someone will buy them from you though!

• 1 year later...