HybridZ

Intro

RB26S14

I AN A NEWBIE TO THIS FORUM AND I WANT TO INTRUDUCE MYSELF. THIS IS MY CAR 95 S14.5. WITH THE NEW SINGLE TURBO SETUP SHOWN BELOW IT DYNOED 490WHP @20PSI WITH MISFIRES AROUND 6-7K. WITH MORE IGNITION UPGRADES, TIMING, & ABOUT 8 MORE PSI I HOPE TO EXPECT 700WHP ON STOCK BOTTOM END. WILL POST MORE RECENT PICTURES WHEN I CAN. I WILL POST ALL THE MODS IF ANYONE INTERESTED.

silviapics010.jpg

s15dyno3.jpg

silviapics007.jpg

NIceEnginePic.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

I NEED SOME MORE PARTS AND I SAW SOME PREVIOUS THREADS BUT NOT SURE IF THE PARTS ARE GONE. ANYWASE I NEED

RB26 OIL PAN (DONT TRUST LEAKY RB25 PAN)

RB26 POWER STEERING PUMP

RB25DET TRANNY

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OF THESE FOR SALE PLEASE PM ME.

THANX

BRYAN

someone told me that the pulley on the rb25 pump wont line up with the pully on crank of the rb26. if i cant find a rb26 pump anywhere i can try custom make it work like everything else when doing these swaps. anywase i will get back with you if i cant get a rb26 pump. thanx

I have seen a few skylines in austrailia and japan push 800-850 whp on stock bottom ends. On the street I plan to keep the boost at 20psi and run 500whp. 700whp only on the track with semi high boost 28psi. if i blow it then its time to build the bottom end and really push my rb to the limits because i know my turbo can handle 40+psi.

there is a thread on Skylines australia and Calais Turbo forums on how to get rid of the high-rpm misfires.

you can paint them with clear acylic nail-polish, or get the splitfires (which most people do, but some report the same problems after)

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the process of installing the same turbo. Kind of disapointing to see it only made 490 rwhp at 20 psi. My old turbo (to4r with a .58 exhaust housing) made 489rwhp on a very conservative tune at 20psi on my bone stock rb25 when I had a 5 spd. The 4094 flows considerably more than the to4r so I would expect quite a bit more out of it at 20psi on an rb26.

At what rpm are you getting full boost?

Nice car btw.

JT

my car was misfiring at 6k rpm so the full potential of that turbo was even touched. the turbo gets full boost around 4500 rpm. i couldn't get a good tune because of the misfiring. i think if we didnt have that problem at the time we would have dynoed around 550whp. i think we fixed the problem on the misfiring so i want to turn the boost up a little a try to get 600-700 whp. also this was a mustang dyno and mechanic says that it would be more on a dyno jet.

Thats cool. Anxious to see some more number from it.

I just got mine on today. Gotta run the coolant lines to it in the morn and hopefully get on the dyno tomorrow afternoon. I'll post up the results if I can get on the dyno in that short of a notice.

JT

I turned up the boost to 22psi and went out for a street tune and the beast is finnally ALIVE. I also converted it to E85 and now with the misfiring gone (HKS Ignition) the cars runs great. I did not have a chance to dyno it yet but I'm sure it is close to about 600 whp. I wanted to turn the boost up more and push it to the limit, but now my clutch is slipping really bad and my tranny makes a lot of noise:rolleyesg. I am planning to convert it now to AWD since the problems with the tranny and clutch:o. Let me know what kind of numbers your car puts out with the new turbo. This turbo is little to laggy for my liking, but when it hits, it hits hard.