HybridZ

Prop Valve Location

So I've been humming and hawing about where to put my prop valve, and discovered the jack storage compartment. I think this spot would be PERFECT to conceal the valve and just so happens to be directly above the hard lines on the underside of the car. The inlet/outlet lines could easily be routed into this compartment and the valve completely sealed from view. Thoughts? Anyone done this before?

- Greg -

you mean in the storage compartemnts in the parcer shelf behine the seats? kinda hard to adjust fromt he drivers seat don't you think? the trans tunel is a popular spot, and it helps that early cars had their brake lines routed through the trans tunnel

If you are on a track you will want to adjust it as conditions change through out the race....on the street, you can just about set-it-and-forget-it....unless you are like me and can't tweak enough. I mounted mine in the ashtray pocket.

kinda hard to adjust fromt he drivers seat don't you think? the trans tunel is a popular spot, and it helps that early cars had their brake lines routed through the trans tunnel

It's not really something I can imagine adjusting while driving, but you could stop, reach back, pop the panel up, tweak it, then take another drive. Beats putting it in the engine bay where you have to exit the car to adjust it.

Im a little wary of the ashtray location since you'd have to route the brake line up into the trans tunnel where they arent well protected.

The other nice thing is if it gets a leak it's sealed in the storage compartment, unlike the popular mounting location outside the console by the seat.

- Greg -

I am thinking of mounting mine behind the passenger seat on trans tunnel. On the street, Set it and Forget it. My thoughts is this prevents the passenger from disturbing the knob in the ashtray location or old parking brake location and no console mods required. Still near the early Z brake line location for mounting and some what easy to reach for adjustments. Line runs briefly into interior behind seat, into valve, and back through tunnel to brakes.

Im a little wary of the ashtray location since you'd have to route the brake line up into the trans tunnel where they arent well protected.

- Greg -

Actually you can run almost the entire brake line inside the cabin under the center console where it is well protected.

Using the tool compartment behind the passenger seat has been done by myself and others here. There should be some pictures available.

Very easy install. For street use it made it easy to fine tune the brakes.

Miles