HybridZ

IS there anything else I need or do not need?

himself

I emailed the guys over at diyautotune.com and asked their opinion which MS system would fit my application the bes tand what other parts I will need. Here is the list and quote that I recieved for the parts:

MS130-C $330 Assembled Megasquirt-I with V3.0 PCB

MOD_130IGBT1: Single Ignition Output through IGBT (VB921) $20

MSStim22-C $69 Assembled Stimulator

MSHarness $65 12' wiring harness

IATwPiggy $21 IAT Sensor

38NPT-Bung_S $8 Bung for mounting IAT sensor (steel weld on, or JB-Weld on)

TuneCable $6 6' DB9 tuning cable

USB-2920 $20 (Only needed if your laptop doesn’t have a true DB9 port)

Subtotal without wideband-- $539

Is there anything missing from the list that would be helpful to have or necessary for a Z? Is there anything listed above that I probably do not need? Widebands are quite expensive, anyone know an alternative to buying one?

You haven't included the details of your setup - but I (and I'm not the only one) consider a set of magnecor spark plug wires a MUST with a megasquirt install on a Z.

I would also skip out on the stim.

If you have intake air temp sensor and a coolant sensor (or just use the stock sensor and "therm" it) - you should be good to go.

The LC1 is pretty cheap ($200) and cheaper than the lm1 and some others but doesn't include a gauge. You can read it of MS though and that would save some money. If you ever want to add a gauge you can for another $100. I'm not familiar with MS1, only II. I know the latest ms2 code has an autotune. You need a wideband for it. A wideband also makes tunning easier when you datalog. Just go back and look at everything after a drive and it's there. I can send you a shiort log in excel so you could see the benifit.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php, check out ebay too, there's a NTK one pretty cheap that has a 0-5v output for ecu's.