HybridZ

Camaro Wiper Motor

SSflyer

After about 10 frustrating hours, and about 100 "What have I gotten myself into?" thoughts, I now have a Camaro wiper/washer system that works. Even the park feature works! The actual motor itself was easy to install, but that goofy park circuit kept wanting to put the wiper blades down on the cowl. (I also have the Camaro steering column w/controls and the Camaro harness.) After hours of trying to shorten and then lengthen the drive arm, trying to use the Datsun motor cam, trying the Camaro motor cam, and relocating the cam on the motor shaft, it was as simple as relocating the drive ball on the Camaro cam, welding the ball socket onto the Datsun drive arm, relocating the park switch pin, and then getting the cam onto the motor shaft in the correct position. I'll bet that wiper motor was in and out of the car 50 times yesterday. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you've passed the point of no return!

After about 10 frustrating hours, and about 100 "What have I gotten myself into?" thoughts, I now have a Camaro wiper/washer system that works. Even the park feature works! The actual motor itself was easy to install, but that goofy park circuit kept wanting to put the wiper blades down on the cowl. (I also have the Camaro steering column w/controls and the Camaro harness.) After hours of trying to shorten and then lengthen the drive arm, trying to use the Datsun motor cam, trying the Camaro motor cam, and relocating the cam on the motor shaft, it was as simple as relocating the drive ball on the Camaro cam, welding the ball socket onto the Datsun drive arm, relocating the park switch pin, and then getting the cam onto the motor shaft in the correct position. I'll bet that wiper motor was in and out of the car 50 times yesterday. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you've passed the point of no return!

It would be great if you could do a small write-up with pics on this for our FAQ section!

Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures as it was put together. The camera probably would have been thrown against a wall at some point. I'll have to pull it apart to get some pictures of it, and the write up part will be easy. The only catch to this is that I don't know if a Camaro wiper motor will work without the Camaro steering wheel control stalk. I'll have to look at the schematic to see where the control signals come from. Give me a few days....