HybridZ

Hemi Jeep took a crap....

EvilC

Well not the motor but the tranny. This comes about 2 weeks after I posted a thread about all the towing I have done in the past year! So of course my mother started to blame me and the Z's.....lol. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122181I was on my way home from Rochester, Ny when I felt a BANG in the drivetrain then watch the rpms rocket to redline. I pulled over and the jeep had went into safe mode only allowing it to shift into 2nd gear. This left me about 4 hours away from home and it was noon. Long story short didn't get home till 1am NYC after taking the bus home. Dealer says should have the Jeep fixed by next week. Jeep only has 40K for mileage and had good fluids....O well.

+ one on the crappy chrysler tranny's, when you fix the tranny maybe you'll get a bad diff, two of my friends have the Hemi 1500 crew cab, both have gone to the dealer to replace the diff, one of them has change it twice.both truck's are low miles.

new trucks -lots of horsepower vs 70's trucks but they havent caught up with brakes,axles,trans.american truck builders are getting outsold by toyota & nissan who are now building full size trucks.seems like the american trucks keep getting built crappier every year.i used to work as a ford dealer tech but i wouldnt buy a ford.

Yeah I could not believe the tranny went.....next week I will call the dealer and find out exactly what went wrong. This is the second Jeep my parents have owned that the tranny started to go or went. My dad give this Jeep about another 5-10k and we will get rid of it.

Guest TeamNissan

I replaced the tranny in my 96 jeep laredo 2 times. My ex friends tranny went in his 99 jeep too at like 40k miles.... garbage trans

Hope you get it fixed soon