HybridZ

got another z (s130)

aziza z

riims  

1 member has voted

1. 1. riims

• 15" American Racing wheels
    • 14" ZX wheels

so i guess maybe i have been bit by the z bug. heres the deal. Most of you know that i am building aziza to have an ls1. thats in the works. but i also wanted a turbo z so i ended up getting an 83 280zx turbo. For now the plan is to have it as a driver while aziza is out of commision for a while. But you can guarantee i will be messing with this one haha. i am thinking intercooler and mega squirt right now, possible a cam? idk. we will see. When aziza has the ls1 i want to eventually take the turbo motor from this one(by then it should be modified quite a but i hope) and drop it in another s30 car (hint hint IF YOU HAVE A CAR UNDER 75 YOU NEED TO SEND ME A PM!!!!). That way i will have the best of both worlds. and ls1 z and a turbo 6 z. anywho heres the pics of the POS. btw her name is zizi haha.

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

yes i know i know its auto. and i hate it. Tranny swap coming soon. Also the tach/speedo is digital and i hate it. i have seen 280zx with the stock guages are the panels and guages interchangeable? anyone ever done that?

IMG_0440.jpg

zizi and aziza

IMG_0448.jpg

front end had a flat tire so i had some zx wheels that came on aziza. slapped them on there. What do you think? keep the american racing 15s or zx 14s?

IMG_0449.jpg

btw the rear end is super high? i dont know if its an alignment issue or what . is this normal for s130s?

IMG_0442.jpg

before i washed it. btw, wtf is the hole in the middle of the roof? whats suppose to go there?

btw it also has this weird problem. When i got the car the digital tach and speedo didnt work. I check the fuse box and sure as hell there is no fuse in that spot. no problem. i get another fuse plug it in, great the digital tach and speedo work, but now the brake lights dont want to turn off. any ideas?

Guest 280ZForce

well congrats on the freebie! Score!

sounds like it has the normal wiring bugs that Zs get.

as far the hole in the roof, there isn't supposed to be one that I know of.

And throw the zx 14s on it, I'm not liking those AMR wheels...:puke:

The rear end shouldnt be that high, there is something def wrong there.

when your brake lights started stayin on, was there peices of rubber that suddenly appeared in the drivers side foot well?

there is a little rubber stopper that is a press fit into a hole where the brake sensor (mounted to the pedal) hits the brace for the pedal assembly. when that little rubber doober detoriated, the plunger on the brake sensor goes RIGHT into the hole that the rubber doober was pressed into. the fix for me was to electrical tape a penny where the rubber thing used ot go.

Nice find, BTW>

Nice find. The rear end gets that high when you have no weight back there. My ghetto beast when stripped had 3 full inches of wheel gap in the rear.

There is not suppose to be a hole there. Probably someone drilled it for an aftermarket antena of sorts.

Your brake lights are probably staying on because of the switch under the dash on the brake pedal. Check to make sure its there and working correctly.

thanks guys, ill look into the brake light fix. And yes, justin is right i did get it for free so who care i guess. for appearance i dont think i will do much. i want to keep it ugly haha. might change the wheels and lower it but other than that nothing. planning of putting that money into the motor. ill keep u guys updated.

so does anyone know about my electric speedo/tach swap question?

nice find. i will be selling my 81 non turbo in approx 4 days. then purchasing a 240z. which i will need to put in a floor board (the current one is gone(rust)) and put the gastank and dizzy back in it. then hopefully it will run good. do they sell a floor pan that is remanufactured or do i have to have a blast with a welder?

ohh and is all that stuff in your garage securily put? or is it going to fall on aziza? about the switch make sure to grab the analog speedo cable. and if the rubber peice isnt missing check for a plug in. i know mine on my old crx wasnt plugged in and the lights stayed on. even while the car was off. u should keep the s130 and the s30. just have fun with them

ohh and is all that stuff in your garage securily put? or is it going to fall on aziza? about the switch make sure to grab the analog speedo cable. and if the rubber peice isnt missing check for a plug in. i know mine on my old crx wasnt plugged in and the lights stayed on. even while the car was off. u should keep the s130 and the s30. just have fun with them

that stuff is secure haha. been leaning like that for quite some time infact. And if it does fall on the car i guess that would give me an excuse to get a fiberglass hood haha. About keeping the s130, i want to but i want to modify it and the CA smog laws dont help so i dont really know what mods i would be able to do and still have the car pass smog. Another reason pushing me to swap the turbo motor into another s30.

Just MS it where the stock ecu goes and you can get ok power out of it.

"ok" power out of it is like how much hp wise? I kinda want to do that and put an intercooler on and turn up the boost. but again i dont know how that is gona mess up smogging the car.

• 2 months later...

ok so theres a change of plan. The turbo car is going to have to go so that i can finish aziza (running out of funds). So before i invest money in this car to i listed the car on ebay. here it for anyone interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280139963845&rd=1

would be good for anyone wanting to do a turbo swap on an s30.