HybridZ

l28et swap (240z) anyone willing to help with installation for $$?

Guest wakaranai

Guest wakaranai

A good friend of mine has a $2000+ budget and is thinking about an l28et swap. He contacted me since I am "the car guy" amongst our friends, but I am a BMW guy and my knowledge is relatively limited when it comes to Z cars. I know about them, but I never really wrenched on one. I told him that I would be willing to help him with the installation as much as I could, but I am 90 miles away from him and I am fairly busy. That being said, I suggested that he should pick up a wrecked 280zx-t or source the parts from a complete car and then go from there, as opposed to compiling parts from several different cars. Now, can anyone help direct him (me for him) to a shop that would be willing to do the installation for about $1000-1500? Or is there someone with experience with this swap that could make this happen? He is located in the San Jose/ Santa Cruz, California area, however I'm sure that he is willing to tow it if he has to. So essentially, he is looking for someone to do the installation for him. Thanks in advance. Art

BTW I believe his car is a '71 (but I'm not positive) with an auto tranny. He is willing to swap it or keep it depending on funds.

Guest wakaranai

Yeah that appears to be the case, but the wiring looks painful. I built/raced BMW 2002's which pretty much makes me a complete moron when it comes to wiring. The three biggest repairs/upgrades that I have done regarding electronics on a car are changing injectors, AFM's, and chipping my e30's ECU's.

Im pretty good with wiring, i did all the stereo, ignition, alarm, and custom harness for my civic a few years ago. I could handel helping you witht eh swap, great at soldering*always better than crimps* only thing is that ur about 2 hours away. :/

Guest wakaranai

I see. I appreciate it. Im actually currently in San Francisco, but he's in Santa Cruz. looks like ur in Turlock, that is quite a trek for you. We'll see who else chimes in and take it from there.

edit: Hmmm...jtmny you kind of make me wanna tackle this job on my own then. I am always up for new challenges, the only thing I kind of lack is time. Mottomo yoi mono desuka? hehe