HybridZ

Mercedes Hybrid

Vintage

The SLC is not the prettiest Benz Coupe...but that one is gorgeous...the Riken wheels are plain siiick...and having a 2JZ is amazing.

I agree with the others, the IC is out of place. Having worked on SLCs, the nose does not give much room to place t a front mount IC unfortunately.

You can tell its in Thailand, home of some badass engine swaps.

Yasin

I've seen this car before, and I must tell that the guys behind this must have gone crazy to build something like this! The SLC is a nice car (my dad has an older SL, great car to drive around on sunny days), but I'm not sure if the stock suspension can cope with the kind of power that motor makes. I wish I could make a swap like this into my Z, I love the Toyota JZ motors.

And BTW: Yasin, this looks like an early 1JZ to me...

Tony

I'd rather see a 380-560 SEC with extensive mods, gutted and lightened. They already come with aluminum hoods and decklids. I have one that has a valvetrain-crashed SOHC V-8, aluminum blocks and heads, forged pistons (3.8L) and '80's compression ratio of 8.2:1 or something.........twin turbo anyone? Hell, the GM A/C compressor I took off was a boat anchor, the bracket for it, another. A/C low pressure line routing next to and in insulated jacket with fuel line to temperature-control fuel for CIS. Those Germans, always thinking. DAW

Why not just have an intercooler custom made to fit inside the grill shell/trim shape, then the IC is the grill? 9 out of 10 people wouldn't figure it out. I don't get this whole "intercooler as a style item" thing anyway.