HybridZ

Honda wheel adapter plate???

Has anyone used these?

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6

I have a set of 17x7 rims with 225/45/17 tires. Rims are +40 offset. Would these fit using the adapters?

Yes it works, and I am currently using them on my car with the same size rims, offset and tires...at least for now.

If you search you will find a lot of information regarding these puppies. There are also some lengthy discusssion regarding the safety of adapters/spacers as well.

Ross makes some quality parts, so I wouldn't worry about the build quality of these, but I wouldn't abuse any set up like this very much. It would be ok for street, I think, but for any racing type situation, I would stay away from a spacer that thick.

Wheel spacers are perfectly safe when used right even when beating on your car! There are quite a few posts about this. Do some searches for johnC and jmortenson, they have both posted a ton of info on wheel spacers and how they are safe for track and street use.

I don't know why people think they are unsafe. They bolt on just like a set of wheels? People don't think having wheels on a car is unsafe do they? Unless you have a problem installing lug nuts they are safe! LOL

I dont see why they wouldnt be? I plan to use some on my car but I need some to that will allow me to use my 5 lug advans.

I'm using them, no issues at all. I'm running 17x 7 rims. BTW I have two extra 1" adapters with Honda pattern I will sell. Not sure if they are MM but they look identical, right down to the markings. They came on a rear suspension I bought about 2 years ago. I don't think they have ever been on a car. PM me if you're interested, I will let them go for $75 including shipping.

Dale

I'm using a set on my car that are 1.5" thick. I didn't get mine from Ross but I'm using his CV adapters and they are top quality so I assume his adapters are as well.

I've taken my adapters off for inpsection a couple times now and found no cracks or other indications of trouble.

Wheelman