HybridZ

Sayonara HybridZ

RacerX

i agree... a sticky needs to be made BIG AND BOLD that it be known that NO ONE will be treated the way ernie said he was treated.. that is crap. we come here to learn not bitch at each other so as been stated before the buck stops here. i had another member name before this one. but forgot the password.. been a member REALLY combined since 2003 and this is the most helpful site out there... dont let people get drove off by these ass mongers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys,

Ernie/RacerX and I have been exchanging emails some and I pointed him back to this thread because he had not been back to HBZ since he first posted this thread. He can't post on here any more so he asked me if I would post this for him.

Quote from Ernie:

" Please say "Thank you" to everyone that took the time to respond to my "Sayonara post" and how much I appreciate their kind words and support. Those people are the core group of guys that make HybridZ the fantastic site that it is - bar none!!"

Ernie is a great guy and I hope he will be back some day !

Dan

I hate to see Ernie leave. Not only was he gifted in his talents and knowledge in the realm of bodywork, but he was a great person as well. My only experience with chocolate fortune cookies was a result of Ernie's friendship in sending me a large bag of them (and I've never personally met Ernie). He was humble beyond words, and was more than willing to help any who needed it, and never passed up that opportunity. Good luck Ernie!

Yah, im willing to bet the ass-hat who harassed Ernie has posted a "say it aint so!" *cry cry cry* post in here too.

If anyone knows where Ernie is, I'd be so inclined to pay for his services when it's time to paint the zee (1 years time or more) but the offer is there.

Rather have someone who knows how to prep these cars take care of it than someone who does not.

How is Ernie? Did he finish his book? Why are all of his techincal posts reduced to a [.]?

I have seen this in other places (sites) when people decide to go, they 'pull the plug' and go back and pull their posts as well. I understand why some people feel the desire to do that, especially if they feel they have been 'run off'...kind of a 'if you don't want me here, then I'm taking my knowledge (ball) with me when I leave'!

Not saying one way or another wether it's good or bad. I probably have been tempted to do that at one time or another myself.

Usually my [.] posts are after I have done things like called someone out to change one of their threads... Once they do it, I cull my own post. But that's something entirely different than undermining the estabilished, historical knowledge base.

I've been requested by Ernie to post a response to all. I feel it would be better to simple quote Ernie rather than paraphrase his statement. What I will paraphrase though is that Ernie has a lot of irons in the fire in regards to family and career that demand his attention, and that he hopes to be back on some time in the future (no mention when though).

Now, straight from Ernie's fingers:

...made a comment about my pulling all or most of my tech posts. When I was reviewing them, I also realized how "out-of-date" they were. I didn't want someone employing old technology when there are much improved methodologies available. It's really exciting!

...would you please inform the HybridZ group that I pulled my tech info with regards to preventing someone from using old tech as I just mentioned. It sounded from the post that I did something really bad - which wasn't my intention.

Ernie has always been a stickler for accurate information and I can understand his desire to keep his recommendations and information accurate, especially in light of the fast-paced world of autobody finishes. The guy hasn't got a vindictive bone in his body, so I hope his actions will not be misconstrued.

I still wish I knew who harassed him in the first place. I do have an idea who it was, as I remember some arguminative posts between Ernie and another member. I wish he would not have deleted his posts though, although new tech is exciting, old school tech definitely has it's own place as well.

Old tech is better than no tech, when you don't know much about body/paint work. Myself included.

Maybe we all should start a "request to come back Ernie" sort of petition thingy.

Any interest?

Jason

Now, straight from Ernie's fingers:

Quote:

...made a comment about my pulling all or most of my tech posts. When I was reviewing them, I also realized how "out-of-date" they were. I didn't want someone employing old technology when there are much improved methodologies available. It's really exciting!

Well, that's just great, everything just went out the window. No more will I be able to learn from the experienced master. I will now get the info from some johnny come lately sales rep. They have been beating down the door with any and everything to replace the standards that have been in use for the past two decades. I'm gonna go shoot Fido now, becuase the new puppy has learned a new trick. Fido was such a good dog. It's a shame, his tricks were just "out-of date".

If you are buying that... Then you may as well crush you old technology car and buy a new one.

Look, I really liked Ernie's posts. I was always lurking here, reading everything he wrote. I would log on to this site a few times a day looking to see if he would post anything new. I would also check other site he has been know to post also. I really miss this.

But there is something very wrong with what has happened to his posts. He deemed them "out-of date"? Come on, he effed us.

If you are buying that... Then you may as well crush you old technology car and buy a new one.

Look, I really liked Ernie's posts. I was always lurking here, reading everything he wrote. I would log on to this site a few times a day looking to see if he would post anything new. I would also check other site he has been know to post also. I really miss this.

But there is something very wrong with what has happened to his posts. He deemed them "out-of date"? Come on, he effed us.

Well this may be a good indication of the necessity for a copy of a program like Adobe Acrobat Professional, and how you can learn to use it to make PDF's of pages rather than print them (or just print them) if you find them useful.

Well this may be a good indication of the necessity for a copy of a program like Adobe Acrobat Professional, and how you can learn to use it to make PDF's of pages rather than print them (or just print them) if you find them useful.

Not me, I'm gonna carve then in stone! Well, maybe ascii files anyway.

Don't throw away old knowledge - share it. The stone you cut, may be your own.

Nothing wrong with old school anything is there?