HybridZ

I'm setting my '71 240Z up for drifting and was wondering if there is a way to modify the stock steering rack to get more steering angle out of it? Or am I going to have to opt to the use of an S13 (240SX) steering rack.

I tried to contact driftz240 but no response.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I'm setting my '71 240Z up for drifting and was wondering if there is a way to modify the stock steering rack to get more steering angle out of it? Or am I going to have to opt to the use of an S13 (240SX) steering rack.

I tried to contact driftz240 but no response.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

you can't use a 240sx steering rack inless you take the whole front suspension from a 204sx, because of the way its mounted and designed. Simply put, you steer left, it will make the car turn right and vise versa. search.

This came up a couple years ago, there was a part that you could buy that extended the tie rods so that you could get more steer angle out of the rack. The issue with the Z is that there isn't room in the wheel wells for more steer angle. Z's with wider tires commonly rub on the frame rail in the front or on the TC rod in the back or both. Plus I think I remember that the spacer deals really affected the bumpsteer, which is also not ideal in a stock Z. I'd just run a buttload of toe out when you're drifting (but not on the street) and worry about other things.

Have you used the shorter steering arms? They work well, and after I put the power steering on, I ran (for a short time) a steering arm that was 10mm shorter than than the short ones. It really quickened the steering as well as the angle (tires began rubbing the T/C rods at full lock).