HybridZ

14 x 7

Guest FordMotherFocus

Guest FordMotherFocus

I am looking at buying the wheels on www.zdatsun.com. They are 14 x 7. They are cheap and they look awesome. I was wondering how wide a tire I could fit on this. I called discount tire and they said a 235/60. What is the highest performance tire I can get in this size or the widest I can get on this wheel? Nothing lower than 60 profile. I can't find any tires on tirerack or anything. What is everybody running with small wheels like this?

you dont want to run a tire that big on a 14x7, it will wobble a lot in the turns, i would go with a 195-50-14 azenis or a 205-50 max on them if you want them to handle for you, plus it will make your gear ratio crazy good for acceleration.

I run 215/60/14 on my 14x6 wheels, no problems at all. I would think 235s on 14x7 would not be a big issue for street driving. Obviously for all-out track performance, you wouldn't run such a wide tire for the wheel, but I run the 225/50/15 on my 15x7s for the track, which is a very popular Z configuration.

Some of it depends on the offset. I have two sets of 14x7. One set of Western "Hurricane" style wheels that have 215 60 14's and one set of Centerline Auto-Drags with 205 60 14's. 215's is about as wide as you want to go in the front, but 235 should work in the rear. I like having the same size all the way around in order to rotate tires for max longevity since my car is my daily transportation. I personally wouldn't even THINK about going 14's after doing my Centerline 16x7's with 205 55 16's. Hold out 'til you've got more money, it's worth it... The 25" height of this combo makes the car ride, steer and handle SO much better IMO. I paid $150 each for my wheels (4" backspace) from Summit and got the tires through Tire Rack for $58 each. Dunlop 205 55 HR 16 D60s on clearance. Total with mounting and balancing and new lugs was less than $1k.