ROTA wheels RB 16x8

• 5 months later...
ROTA_RB-R.jpg

This the ROTA RB-R

ROTA_RB.jpg

This is the ROTA RB

Differance.jpg

Here they are side by side?

I dont like the RB-R I prefer the straighter spokes (just my 2cents worth)

It believe you have them the wrong way around (I have a set of each - well sold the 15x8 RB's that I imported as they did not fit my 240z with the larger roll centre spacer so installed the 16x8 RB-R)

The RB's have are on the left and the RB-R is on the right ie the RB-R is the straighter spoke.

Nzeder, I can assure you the ones with the straighter spokes are the regular RB's. I got around to installing the 16x8 Rota RB +04 offset. The 15's and 16's are have a different curvature to their spokes.

Well I got them mounted on 225/50/16 size Yokohoma Advan's. There is no rubbing in front on the spring perch of fenders with the exception of my MSA fiberglass air dam. Just some quick trimming with the dremel I it clears just fine. I should also mention I am running +5 degrees positive caster. The spring perch is QUITE close to the tire. I will be putting 7mm wheel spacers since there is room to spare toward the fender.

Here is the clearance on the front spring perch:

rotawheels002pe7.jpg

The rear clears the spring perch much better than the front, but does rub the fender lip on bumps. I got a heat gun and an old baseball bat and did the old fender lip rolling trick. With my holding the bat and my brother pushing hte car, it was quite quick and easy. As long as you heat up the fender really good there really isn't too much risk involved. OH and before you roll it get an exacto knife and make a slit in the paint so it cracks off there and not further outside the fender.

Here is a picture of the rear spring perch clearance:

rotawheels009kr4.jpg

Here are some pics of the wheels with the overall car:

rotawheels005mp2.jpg

rotawheels007kz0.jpg

rotawheels008ye1.jpg

Here is the rear fend lip BEFORE:

rotawheels011fc6.jpg

AFTER:

rotawheels010mb0.jpg

rotawheels012iq7.jpg

rotawheels013vp8.jpg

Hope this helps out everyone! As far as looks, I like the way these wheels look but I think a 45 series tire would have been a better match with these size wheels and the 240z.

Nzeder, I can assure you the ones with the straighter spokes are the regular RB's. I got around to installing the 16x8 Rota RB +04 offset. The 15's and 16's are have a different curvature to their spokes.

well that is funny I ordered 2 sets of the 15x8 RB and 1 set of the 16x8 RB-R and the 15x8 RB (as in standard RB) are the more curved rim with the 16x8 RB-R straighter - if there is a difference between 15 and 16 this might explain it a bit but there are some pics of mine - I have 16x8 +10 fitted to the car but it is at the dyno shop so don't have any pics of them on the car on the ground but no fender clearance issue however my rears were already trimmed for the 16x9 that used to be there.

If you look at the silver rims (15x8 +12 RB) you will see the RB on the sticker - so who know either way the 16's look better IMHO

PC210091_thumb.JPG

PC210098_thumb.JPG

PC210099_thumb.JPG

A +10 offset will not clear the spring perch on the front end, at least with a 225 width tire. It will clear the rear, but the front will require a spacer. Just look at the pictures I posted in this thread above and the pictures show the clearances.

A +10 offset will not clear the spring perch on the front end, at least with a 225 width tire. It will clear the rear, but the front will require a spacer. Just look at the pictures I posted in this thread above and the pictures show the clearances.
I have to disagree as I have the 16x8 +10 and a 225 tyre fitted clears fine - however my tyres are 225/45/16 not 225/50/15. The issue is 260z/280z spring perches are lower than the 240z so they will not work on these cars. 240z should work fine - and no guard mods will be required for the 16x8 +10 on a 240z :)

Here are some pics of the clearance at the front (rear is not a problem so no pic) - it is tight but it does clear with my tyre setup

EDIT: You can see the rim protector design on the tyre gets close but it still clears fine.

PC210096_thumb.JPG

PC210094_thumb.JPG

What are you guys doing with the rota cap on the front? I see the caps missing on a lot of pics. I assume that they will not fit over the bearing cap.
You are correct - however my local racing rules don't allow us to run cap anyway so it does not bother me that they don't fit. The issue is the cap is just too shallow (or the hub/bearing/spigot is just too long) if the car was a road car I think I would maybe make some custom caps....nah just paint the hub which is what I did.

It believe you have them the wrong way around (I have a set of each - well sold the 15x8 RB's that I imported as they did not fit my 240z with the larger roll centre spacer so installed the 16x8 RB-R)

The RB's have are on the left and the RB-R is on the right ie the RB-R is the straighter spoke.

Hi

I was reasonably sure that the "flatter" spokes were the RB series, but as I had only seen these pictures on their website I just posted what I found? I was going to buy the RB wheels but I got a deal on some 16x8 Superlites.