HybridZ

the rotas are on

ill try to get some closer up pics. they fit but are snug. the rear ones have more clearance. the front wheels are a little close to my comfort. i plan to get a 5mm spacer just to make me at ease. now this is on coilovers with wilwoods.

Picture030.jpgPicture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

the car is extremely dirty and kinda embarrassed to show it. had to get tuner lugs. also plan to drop the z more when she is out of the barn

These are the 15x8's with 225/50/15's all around, correct? They look very sharp, do you know how many rotations you had per lug? This would help you determine if a 5mm spacer would work, I can not remember off hand but I believe it was 5 full rotations for your wheel to be in the safety zone. (not sure though, please anyone correct me if I am wrong). I still find it odd that you are running coilovers and need to resort to using spacers for 4mm, what would someone like myself with stock suspension or lowering springs need to do? Maybe the 16" or 17" RB's would clear the stock suspension better, would be interesting to find out.

i was able to get around 5-6ish turns b4 it got tq. yes those are 225/50/15. ill go get some pics of how close it is to the coilovers. their is no rubbing on all 4 corners. i truly dont know yet if i need spacers or not. just kinda thinking it would be a ease of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Those fit great! Those are the +12 offset RB's correct?

I read that they come in +04, +12, +25, +30, +35 in 15x8 from http://www.18racing.com.

I also contacted rota's distributor in hayward, and they said I could get the wheels in any color, I just have to wait 6-8 weeks to get them. I asked because I'm really interested in the gunmetal, but without the polished lip.

• 4 months later...

For those that want to know if these will clear stock 240z spring/perches I have some pics below. I cant confirm if they will work on 280z (our 260z in RHD) suspension yet as my 260z suspension is not in the car but I will see if someone else in the our local club is willing to trial fit to check the clearance too.

Anyway you will see the rims clears fine both front and rear - I will see if I can fit a tyre over the xmas break and take some more pic later. But current indications are 225/50/15 will clear with no issues or spacers required.

These are the same spec rims as 260zturbo's that is Rota RB 15x8 +12 offset in Royal Silver.

I can also confirm that a 12.19" rotor might clear - it is the caliper that might be the issue with the 12.19". I trial fitted these rims on another 240z with 12.19" and US Brake F88i calipers and it was just catching on the bridge bolts of the calipers/pads holding bolts - a different caliper might clear without issues. But a 11.75" setup would clear easy.

PC210081_thumb.JPG

PC210088_thumb.JPG

PC210090_thumb.JPG

PC210085_thumb.JPG

Thank God that I found this topic, I was searching for that info for ages!

I'm planning on buying the Arizona Wilwood brake kit, but I'm not sure about the wheel size. NZeder, do you know if the US Brake calipers are similar in size to Wilwoods, or perhaps a tad larger? I'd like to reduce the rotating mass as much as possible, and installing the 15" would help a bit...

Thank God that I found this topic, I was searching for that info for ages!

I'm planning on buying the Arizona Wilwood brake kit, but I'm not sure about the wheel size. NZeder, do you know if the US Brake calipers are similar in size to Wilwoods, or perhaps a tad larger? I'd like to reduce the rotating mass as much as possible, and installing the 15" would help a bit...

I think the US Brake calipers are a touch bigger as they have more bridge bolts and these are bits that are just catching. Anybody with a Wilwood/AZC setup care to take the measurement? Looking at the wilwood site it shows that the outside edge measurement for the forged billet superlite (like the ones that come with Dave kit) as 174mm from the centre. I think the measurement we got from the US Brake is like 175mm or 176mm if it is 176mm then this will give you 2mm clearance would would be good. If you use the billet superlite 4R/ST caliper they have the outside edge of 173mm = more clearance (either the radial or lug mount have the 173mm measurement) even the Billet Superlite SL6R come in at 173mm with the 12.19" rotor

The only thing that I hate is that US Brake don't have any mounting/sizing on their sites...ahhh...

I will see if we can get some accurate measurements from the US Brake setup in the next few days.

US Brake sizing - ok I did not get a measurement from the US Brake caliper but I did go out to the garage and looked at the rim I tested fitted and spotted the small mark in the paint of the inner part of the rim. I then measured this straight across the rim = 350mm so the centre to the outer point on the US Brake = 350/2 = 175mm so if you go with the above wilwoods that have the 173mm then there will be 2mm of clearance and more if you ran a small spacer you would gain some more clearance maybe 1-2mm more with a 6mm spacer.

Sorry for all the mm but that is what we use in this part of the world.

One more thing - they are light I have not put one on the bath room scales yet but just by the feel they will help with unsprung weight too. The loading rating mark on the rims is 635KG. The inside of the rims is nice too with not too much change in room/shape - I will take a pic of this tomorrow and post it here to if you wish.