HybridZ

S30 body line.....your thoughts.

Savage42

WOW, I really feel stupid now... It's the first time I realise WHY some Zs look different from others. NOW I KNOW.

The weird thing is that I have a completely stock bodied car except for the fact that it was originally white and it's now the stock burgundy red but, that line does not really show that much on my car.

Thanks for letting me notice, I really like it better with the line and I'll make sure it stays there and that it's perfectly even.

Wow, you did all that and you live in Canada? There are 3 mods I would not do simply due to the fact that I live in Oregon (weather being a factor). I like the doors to shut easily, so getting rid of the interior vent hole in the C-pillar isn't the best idea. It also rains a bit here in Oregon, so getting rid of drip rails tends to make water come down on your lap or on the seat when you open the door. Lastly, it will freeze once in a while here and it's hard enough to open the doors when you have a handle to pull on when they are frozen shut, so no shaved handles for me.

I guess I'm just into functionality, although I commend you on your originality and willingness to get creative. "To each his own" and if you can do that stuff and not have any issues, that's cool. I also welded the headlight bucket to the fenders, but I also shaved front & rear marker lights. If you don't have a nickname for your car, how about "Darth Vader"? :)

Thanks Savage, the car is not an every day driver and it spends most of it's life in my garage so I'm not overly concerned with frozen doors or leaks from the drip rails delete....I won't be driving it during crappy weather. I doubt that the body is air tight enough that door closing will be an issue. My understanding is that it helps with cooling the interior by improving the air flow through the cab. We had a healthy debate a while ago about filling the vents in the cowl (this is where the ventilation pulls from), bottom line was the air may not be as free flowing but shouldn't be a big deal. After all, I'm in Canada not Arizona. I was going to do the side marker light delete also but was concerned getting it through inspections. Thanks for your thoughts.

I know of several guys who filled in their pillar vents on their 510s and with new seals on the car, you have to keep slamming the doors or crack the windows to get them to shut easily. It isn't just for cooling, but to keep the interior from being too sealed. Just thought I'd pass that along. I figured it wouldn't be much of a snow plow/ice racer type car, so those other mods will work in that case. I know many on the forum have their cars as daily drivers and I thought I'd point out the pros & cons to help them out. Either way, it looks good. Keep the shiny side up!! :)

• 4 months later...
Here's some pics of the mods I made to make lines disappear.

Front_mods.jpg

Bringing up an old thread I know. I'm trying to reverse this, the previous owner welded the headlight buckets to the fender. However, I'm going with a G-nose so I need to reverse this. I'm wanting opinions on what or how I should do this? My only other option is hope someone wants to trade mine for unmodified 240z fenders... Thanks in advance!

Tyson

This thread has had a healthy amount of responses with regard to the body line, but does anyone else think the removal of the drip rails is a step in the wrong direction? i read the "water in the lap" comment, but does no one else think that the very first pic of the orange z look kinda naked without it? just a thought. the chrome drip rails are one of my favorite parts of the car.....obviously.

And a "Datsun" itself is nothing more than a Nissan product masquerading as something else. What's your point? :icon56::mrgreen:

Nothing is sacred here on Hybrid Z.

You got it 280Z Turbo, if you like it....keep it. If you don't remove it! (Think twice about it if your an every day driver). No puritans in here and different tastes are allowed.

i might be interested in a trade... on those fenders, i have some that may need some work. but they do have a seem...

Sorry for the delayed response. I have actually found semi-local buyer to do an in person exchange. Thanks for the offer!! Will work well with the soon to arrive G-nose!!!!

Tyson