HybridZ

24 hours of Lemons. you have to be there

auxilary

yes i did! with # 666 on the side, right? my friend was racing hte #3 saab

Thats the one! That car is really quick for what it is, they just got back from racing it through Mexico and placed second or third. very impressive.

I dig that old SAAB, your friends got alot of guts.. :)

The results are in... We didn't win the 24 hrs of LeMons...

The "Mach 5 Racing" team put up a great effort in their 1982 280ZX NA and had moved up to 26th place. Unfortunately, they were put out of the action about an hour before the race concluded on Sunday by an incident with a larger vehicle. A bent front shock tower and some suspension damage could not be repaired in time to get back on track.

At some point, results will be posted on the official website: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com later and I'll get pics up as soon as the team returns.

P.S. At least we raced a Z... ;)

Auxilary caught it in several pics in his gallery.

PICT0151.sized.jpg

PICT0151.sized.jpg

I'm sorry.. but is that a Geo Storm Hatchback I see in the back of the pack there?? red car, white diamond on the hood... the grey and silver car in front of the Z almost looks like a subaru XT, but from that angle lots of cars look like each other (prelude, XT, heck it could me an MR2 or something totally else)

Just had to ask.

the diamond hatchback was a civic hatch, belonging to team Chapter 11 racing. the diamond is a giant Enron logo, with matching Kmart and Excite@home logos on the sides.

The RX7 in front of hte Z is the car & driver entry vehicle. The headlights have hot semi-naked chicks in them

the diamond hatchback was a civic hatch, belonging to team Chapter 11 racing. the diamond is a giant Enron logo, with matching Kmart and Excite@home logos on the sides.

The RX7 in front of hte Z is the car & driver entry vehicle. The headlights have hot semi-naked chicks in them

Thank you. The geo I mentioned was my first car, so I have a morbid interest in it.. and sheer logic made me believe that I was mis-recognizing the car that is the RX7, but from the angle, I got the idea of an XT into my mind and couldn't see it as anything else.

subaruuuuuuuu!!! may fuji bless us *bow*

Sorry, my dad replaced his 240 with a new XT6 after it got hopped on by a Buck when he was doing 70 and ever since then I have been in love with the XT. Subarus of the eighties were fantastically simple cars, a WONDERFUL car to learn how to wrench on. (well, not the XT(6) but the 4 bangers, and the wagons and sedans, were awesome)

I was the captain of Team Mock 5. We got knocked out about halfway through the 2nd day by a huge yellow American car with an 8-ball painted on the sides. The left front wheel/suspension got so pushed in, that the wheel/tire was rubbing against the shock! We still managed a 43rd place finish though (man, racing in a field of 83 cars is just crazy!). Our consolation is that even though the car that took us out continued the race till the end, we STILL beat them; they placed 60th.

The Z didn't let us down and the drivers who hadn't driven RWD before on our team really liked it. Being that it used to be my showcar I'd put a lot of work into, it is heartbreaking to see it get hurt. But at least I sent her out in a blaze of glory. ^^

I'm planning on entering in the October Lemons event, and I've already got a car and theme/gimmick in mind. It won't be a Z again though. Despite how great the Z was, I don't think I could bear putting another Z through that (never mind finding one for that cheap).

24 Hours of Lemons 044_thumb.jpg

24 Hours of Lemons 112_thumb.jpg

24 Hours of Lemons 133_thumb.jpg

That is his "new" turbo 280ZX. The one they drove was the "old" NA 280ZX "Hand me down"!

P.S.

I still need my Sabelt harness, helmet, fire extinguisher, fire suit and compressor back! :D

Yeah, I had two 280ZX's. The Turbo is on the left, and the NA on the right.

I was meaning to post up about this before the race, but the weeks leading up to it were so hectic that I just never got around to it. ^^

P.S. Wade, Rico has all your stuff, presumably at the shop.

Mach 5 pair1 sm_thumb.jpg