HybridZ

2007 Convention Daytona (Northeast Meetup)

EvilC

Well since I figured the Convention is roughly 11 weeks away, I thought I would post a thread to start seeing who is going from this region and who may want to ride down in a big group or need a ride. My Z should be road worthy of a trip by that time and I know for sure 1tuffz(Rochester,Ny) and another member from the Z club up his way is making the trip down. We plan on stopping at qwik240z(Maryland) for the night and then make the trip into Daytona from there. I know Vihnzxt (Philly,Pa) said we was planning on driving down also and I believe a friend of his. So to wrap up my thought...I would like anyone who is thinking or know for sure they are making the road trip down to post here and we all can work something out. The more Z's the better! Gives everyone a chance to meet the man or woman behind the user name.

I think we will follow I-95 south all the way from here to Daytona. 1tuffz was going to head down to my place on Sunday and we would head out Monday Morning and get to Daytona late Monday evening. It is about 800 miles from my place to Daytona Beach. 12-14 hours with stops.

I just got confirmation for my timeshare which just so happens to have a location next door to the convention hotel. My reservations are from Sunday to Sunday so I'm going to try to leave Friday night or Saturday very early.

Joe

We need to keep this thread alive. I just got a job offer yesterday and the first thing we spoke was, ahhh I can't work the first week in Oct! lol So I am going for sure.

Rags, which car will you be taking?

I'm taking the yellow turbo car. I've been working on all the little crap so I don't have any issues driving it that far. I really want it to make it to this convention under it's own power. No more trailering. I'm still trying to get the TEC fine tuned, I have a leaking front seal on the diff, and a questionable connection inside the headlight stalk for the parking lights.Once those are addressed I think I'll be good to go. Hopefully :)

• 2 months later...

OK with less than 2 weeks away, I thought it was time to bring this thread back to life. I wanted to get a good idea of who is going for sure and maybe we can get a few Z's together for the trip. Post here the day you plan on leaving and who you are leaving with. Hope we can get something put together......thanks guys!

Clive

Glenn McCoy (Nalle Daytona Cobra replica on Z chassis w/ 383 SBC) and I will be driving down Sunday to SC and stopping overnight, then from there to Daytona Monday. I hope my Z is back on the road by then!

Sorry we'll miss you guys as you will be ahead of us. Us old whimps don't want to do the trip from MD to Daytona in one day. Geezers! I know!! LoL

Glenn McCoy (Nalle Daytona Cobra replica on Z chassis w/ 383 SBC) and I will be driving down Sunday to SC and stopping overnight, then from there to Daytona Monday. I hope my Z is back on the road by then!

Sorry we'll miss you guys as you will be ahead of us. Us old whimps don't want to do the trip from MD to Daytona in one day. Geezers! I know!! LoL

LOL, I am leaving early just in case my car doesn't make it!! Then I can send it back to NY and still head down.

I am going to hook up with Joe and his group and hopefully Vihn and his friend will join us.

Clive

Well, I am not coming from the NE, but would like to hook up with my HybridZ bretheren... any plans of a HybridZ meeting during the convention...

See you all soon, Mike

I plan to wear a Hybrid Z shirt at the Car show and the Track Day. Look for me. Silver 240Zwith Panasports Has LS1 with Red Corvette Rocker Covers. We should try to have a HybridZ meet so we can all introduce ourselves.

PeteP,

Look like there will be 2 Cobra Daytonas at this convention. We might be going along with you. I kinda like your plan.

Clive,

I like to use this trip to visit a few friends down South. So I like to take time driving down. My plan is to leave Saturday afternoon and stop by Richmond area to visit a few friends. I might spend a night there and then Sunday drive down along with Pete and Glen. I will talk to you more during the week. The Cobra is ready to come out. The brake issues are fixed. Interior works is almost done.

Vinh

PS. My wife reserved a timeshare condo also.