HybridZ

Mustang Fiberglass flairs

RedNeckZ

:banghead: Before anyone asks, yes, I did the normal search. Now the question. I was helping a friend put some fiberglass flairs onto his 65 mustang. I started to look at them and found out they are real close to our flairs. I checked out the site he got them from: WWW.Mustangdepot.com . I need to ask, if anyone has used or looked into this. The other site I looked at is WWW.MustangPlus.com they have a 4" set that looks real interesting (code: 00859). The price is pretty good for me. I know it may take some body work or trimming to get a nice fit and to fit or smooth them out. Any ideas out there about this? I am looking into putting this onto a 1972 240Z with a G-nose (track car only). Thanks, Rich. :burnout:

:) Thanks, for the advice. I am looking at it, as a way to cut cost in building my next 240Z (racing only). I was involved with getting his car together and liked the way the look gave it. I wished I had the skills you have shown on your car. You have given me a lot of ideas on my first Z. But now I will be trying it a little different way. My Z will have a 401 AMC engine in it (have a short block already)(need a transmission to go with it). I am also going to try to graft the brakes off of a 300ZXT onto my Z. When you sent me the paperwork on your car back when I was with the Colorado Z club, it helped me a lot. This site has also been a great help. But most of all it has me trying stuff I would have never tried before. You have helped a lot of us out here in hybridZ land. So Thanks, Rich.:mparty:

:) Thanks, for the advice. I am looking at it, as a way to cut cost in building my next 240Z (racing only). I was involved with getting his car together and liked the way the look gave it. I wished I had the skills you have shown on your car. You have given me a lot of ideas on my first Z. But now I will be trying it a little different way. My Z will have a 401 AMC engine in it (have a short block already)(need a transmission to go with it). I am also going to try to graft the brakes off of a 300ZXT onto my Z. When you sent me the paperwork on your car back when I was with the Colorado Z club, it helped me a lot. This site has also been a great help. But most of all it has me trying stuff I would have never tried before. You have helped a lot of us out here in hybridZ land. So Thanks, Rich.:mparty:

Those are awfully expensive flares for a cost cutting measure. Have you considered the MAS flares? I think they're about the cheapest.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118582

:) Thanks, all for the info. I loved the drawings, a new area or idea to look into. I do have the MAS flairs (complete set - street). They are not that great fitting and poor quality. For a complete set it isn't that bad of a price. I paid that much and more for the motorsportZ street flairs (had to add three sheets of fiberglass to make them work on the street). I am adding this to a Z with g-nose and whale tail. Because this is my second Z, I can do a lot more to it then I could my first Z. We are looking at doing this one up right. We will be spending some money on it. Thanks again, Rich.:cheers: