HybridZ

Tachometer doesn't work?

mrpratt

theres a big plug/cable behind the tach. check if its there by looking in the engine bay coming out to the tranny, mines orange not sure if all are

ill try and get a picture,i used a picture i found on here ( hope noone minds) , you can see the cable hanging into the tunnel coming from under the brake booster, it has that orange sheild around it

20.jpg

Dunno about z's, but on 280zx's its fused. Same fuse does the oil pressure guage, and 1/4 tank fuel guage

well, i took the whole dash apart and everything is still hooked up, so its not that. I will check the fuses and see if that is it. I hope so. I will search and see if I can find a diagram of the fuses on here since I don't have an owners manual (if it would be in there?)

well, i took the whole dash apart and everything is still hooked up, so its not that. I will check the fuses and see if that is it. I hope so. I will search and see if I can find a diagram of the fuses on here since I don't have an owners manual (if it would be in there?)

it doesnt have a diagram on the fuse panel cover? Otherwise just go through all your fuses a change whichever are burned out. Wouldn't take too long

lol... there is a diagram, but it is in japanese, since the car is actual JDM I can't believe I didn't anticpate that. Oh well, I will just have to get in there and see what fuses are blown.

Is there even a tachometer fuse for sure?

lol... there is a diagram, but it is in japanese, since the car is actual JDM I can't believe I didn't anticpate that. Oh well, I will just have to get in there and see what fuses are blown.

Is there even a tachometer fuse for sure?

try these

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/explodedviews/280z/77fsm/fuses%20&%20relays.gif

This is from a 77 280z shop manual. That resistor in the above link can get loose. It might be bundled under some tape and can be hard to locate.

tach-circuit.jpg