HybridZ

Customers Log Stlye intake.

1 fast z

With the port geometry that this matching cylinder head is reciving, I have actually found on my flow bench that injecting at a side angle has a turbulant flow, and atomizes better. Atleast thats what my wet flow says. I have tried it in engines, and seems to work well. Is there any difference HP wise, who knows, but it looks good in therory and wet testing.

With the port geometry that this matching cylinder head is reciving, I have actually found on my flow bench that injecting at a side angle has a turbulant flow, and atomizes better. Atleast thats what my wet flow says. I have tried it in engines, and seems to work well. Is there any difference HP wise, who knows, but it looks good in therory and wet testing.

Actually, that is what many engineering studies say as well. Some papers from Ford discussed a tangental injection impinging on the wall of the port somewhere around a 5 degree angle.

After reading that, I realized my original 'SU Conversion' idea of making a stalk and injecting from the air cleaner at an angle down the throat may have been a heluva lot easier than what I ended up doing in the first prototypes....

So my customers Intake is finished per his specifications. We are going to clear coat it though. I have to screw on a Throttle cable bracket, then it gets shipped to him. It has 4 Vacum ports on the rear of the intake, 2, 1/4NPT, and 2, 1/8npt. Fuel rail is 14mm o-ring, as seen with 370cc RC injectors. 60mm TB from an S13. Internal Velocity stacks with a .625 radius. 1.437" ID runners. Anyways, heres some pics.

DSCN1048-600x450.jpg

DSCN1049-600x450.jpg

DSCN1050-600x450.jpg

DSCN1052-600x450.jpg

DSCN1064-600x450.jpg

DSCN1058-600x450.jpg

DSCN1060-600x450.jpg

DSCN1061-600x450.jpg

DSCN1062-600x450.jpg

DSCN1063-600x450.jpg