HybridZ

Almost there, going nowhere

260zjade

I finally decide on the look i want for my Z, get ready to spend the big bucks, and find that the IMSA 3 piece spoiler is considered "rare"...that sucks. I've been researching, searching, calling and emailing for two days, and i got moot. Checked old threads for leads. No one makes em anymore. Anyone got a spare? I fnot, i might have to go with a camaro knock off, and i really dont want to do that!

11308assembled_6-04_1.JPG

Comes in three pieces (fiberglass). I know it used to be a hot topic but not many people have mentioned it lately according to the search button. Looks like im a little late for the race. Im desperate to get one though, and all out of leads.

If you need more info theres about 5 posts under "IMSA 3 Piece" (search)

i would if i could find a piece that shape and height. the bre wing is much shorter and doesnt conform to the body as this one does. If I was a fiberglass wizz or something, i would just make one too, but im clueless about that. wouldnt even know where to start.

ok. there may be some good news here. Just called jim cook racing and the lady there said she had a connection on the east coast that still makes em. she called for a price and shipping cost and said shed call me back. she hasnt yet. but then i also got an email from wings west from a guy and he gave me a part number and price for a 3 piece not listed on their website and said he was pretty sure they could still make it.

So im waiting to hear back from JCR. Hopefully i can get my hands on one of these things.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the same spoiler your talking about? I like this one and Im having to decide on a spoiler.

Does this spoiler blend in to the hatch? I have my hatch in primer and ready for paint so Ill have to redo some work if it does. I dont care about blending in the sides cause the car hasnt had any body work done yet.

IMG_520501341_thumb.jpg

That spoiler gives me chills.

It's the same one that my car's previous owner hacked on, and it's the cause of most of the issues with my car because it was a custom job, and not made from fiberglassed and riveted pieces.

it was chicken wire with a fiberglass base, and bondo :(

pics upon request *runs and cries*