HybridZ

test fitting my 2jz/r154 pics!!

v8dats

i finally got a hold of a rear sump pan from a member here(thank you Mike ZGAD!!).

well after finishing up my zg flares(rear),i decided to trial fit the engine/tranny combo so see what i'm up against.

the assembly is very long but it slid in pretty easy.

i still have to fab up some engine and tranny mounts.

the engine is sitting on a 1x2 on top of the steering rack and tranny is on a plastic ramp. i still have to tweak things and align things before the fabbing but so far i like what i see!

here are some pics!

STA60081.JPG

STA60082.JPG

STA60083.JPG

STA600711.JPG

i threw in my old v8 radiator to check how much room i have....PLENTY!!!

STA60088.JPG

looks like its gonna be zippy !!

great work

i noticed you have a tape measure on your fender.. could you measure how wide the motor is from intake across to the furthest part of your turbo? and also length from back of the head to furthest front pulley? if you could i would be forever in your debt :mrgreen:

Looks great! I'm going to doing this same combo in my Z. Did you get the R154 from a 1JZ, or just buy a bellhousing and convert over a 7mgte R154?

Also, where did the shifter come out of the tunnel?

Regards,

Justin

i used the 7mgte tranny with the 1jz bellhousing. the shifter comes up thru the stock opening but close to the front towards the firewall.will get the shifter extension.

Oh Boy!

Orlando Speedworld will never be the same :D :D

just trying to keep up Scottie!!!

looks like its gonna be zippy !!

great work

i noticed you have a tape measure on your fender.. could you measure how wide the motor is from intake across to the furthest part of your turbo? and also length from back of the head to furthest front pulley? if you could i would be forever in your debt :mrgreen:

i will get the measurements as soon as i get back. i am leaving town for a few days

thats going to be badass

thank you all for your comments!!

i will do my best to document the swap.

as you can see by the pics...there was a v8 in there!HAHA

I would suggest to by-pass the stock bell-housing if you are planning to take it to the track with drag radials or slicks. Go for an explosion proof bell-housing (Lakewood) from the beginning. You could get it for close to the cost of the Toyota 2JZ bell housing and it would be a lot safer for you and your legs. Look at the NHRA regulations for the ET you may be running and for manual transmission vehicles. It would be an important item to consider when you are setting up the engine in the Z engine compartment and transmission tunnel.

Otherwise, is looking really good. My rear sump should be arriving tomorrow 7/26/2007. Soon I will be selling my 1200 to finance the 280JZ.

Anyone tried the 6spd? Much stronger! I seem to recall the Supra guys have a bolt on deal for the stock bell housing. Not sure what Lakewood has but the last bellhousing I had from them weighed a TON and was much bigger than stock. :-(

I would suggest to by-pass the stock bell-housing if you are planning to take it to the track with drag radials or slicks. Go for an explosion proof bell-housing (Lakewood) from the beginning. You could get it for close to the cost of the Toyota 2JZ bell housing and it would be a lot safer for you and your legs. Look at the NHRA regulations for the ET you may be running and for manual transmission vehicles. It would be an important item to consider when you are setting up the engine in the Z engine compartment and transmission tunnel.

Otherwise, is looking really good. My rear sump should be arriving tomorrow 7/26/2007. Soon I will be selling my 1200 to finance the 280JZ.

hhmm. i didnt think about that and you are right! do you know if they make one for the 7m?

i'll have to look into that. how does a blanket work?

Anyone tried the 6spd? Much stronger! I seem to recall the Supra guys have a bolt on deal for the stock bell housing. Not sure what Lakewood has but the last bellhousing I had from them weighed a TON and was much bigger than stock. :-(

i would love a 6 speed! but they are hard to find and the prices are crazy!

for the money i would get like a tko600.

if i ever get to that point i would probably go th400

Looks great! I'm looking hard at turboing a 2JZ-GE and dropping it in my Z. Still doing research on what has to be done.

Looks awesome!

Mario

thank you all!

looks like there might be a few more 2jzs in florida!!

Juan,

James got me GT4294 and as far as trans goes I am getting ATI built turbo400. I already got trans adapter from DaveH and right now I am waiting for call to take my car to get 8.5 sec cage built. I am also waiting to get my head back from machine shop but I am in no hurry as I am about to buy e36 M3 for daily driver so funds are about to go down some lol. I will be using JTR trans mount only thing that I will need is some engine mounts so let me know if you are interested in making extra pair.

Ivo

Juan,

James got me GT4294 and as far as trans goes I am getting ATI built turbo400. I already got trans adapter from DaveH and right now I am waiting for call to take my car to get 8.5 sec cage built. I am also waiting to get my head back from machine shop but I am in no hurry as I am about to buy e36 M3 for daily driver so funds are about to go down some lol. I will be using JTR trans mount only thing that I will need is some engine mounts so let me know if you are interested in making extra pair.

Ivo

I hate you.

: )