HybridZ

Stock sound deadening removal with dry ice

auxilary

is deemed a success! I picked up about 25lbs of dry ice (for me locally, glacier ice company, $1 per lb), chipped it apart, spread it over the floorpans, and heard POP POP POP! as the sound deadening froze and disconnected itself from the floor pans. I went at it with a welding chipping hammer, and had the sound deadening removed in about 10 minutes!

remember to wear welding gloves when handling dry ice, and have a fan running with garage door open when working with big loads. In case you're curious about transporting dry ice, any ice chest will do.

Hey guys, I just did this exact trick last night, worked like a charm. My brother and I threw in 10 lbs and let it sit for 10 minutes before smacking the s$%@ out of the car with some rubber mallets. The tar just flew off it was awesome, a real good stress reliever for anybody who has ever tried welding on the Z only to have a tiny bit of tar gte in the weld and mess it all up. Anyhow great trick.

Cheers

Chris