HybridZ

New Datsun/Nissan Commercial (Toronto)

Careless

Hey everyone,

If you're reading this now, and you live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada...or neighbouring hoods.

Go down to Cherry and Erin street (turn to go south on King and Sumach street, it will turn into Cherry st.... *near cherry beach*)

Nissan is filming a new commercial. I took 30 mins off work after getting a call from a friend. They have every Z car generation on scene.

What they're doing is filming a little boy peering into the window of the car in the middle of the street on a rainy day. My guess is the kid gets older and older with each generation that passes, and looks into the window of each car as they grow older with him, until he finally buys a 350z [or perhaps the new 370z or 400z.. (Why a car would be stopped in the middle of the street anyways, I don't know, much less having someone in the middle of the street with it)].

It could just be a new 350z commercial anyways, to show off the new colours that they're releasing.

I missed the 240z (lime-yellow) and the 260z was bright orange. There were some cars parked around the corner that I also shot, but no 350 in sight. Which tells me that he wont be peering into the window of that gen.

Anyways, I was asked what I was doing taking pictures, and I said "I own a '76, relax"... and they just went about their way.

Bottom line is, I was taking pics, and I'll have'm on CD soon to upload :-D

HOORAY FOR PRETEND-PRESS!

:mrgreen:

Hmm, I don't think terrorism would have been a good response unless you really enjoy pain and torture. The commercial sounds awesome though. I think it's about time Nissan finally went back to it's roots and showed people where the real Nissan Sports Car Craze started. I'm so tired of being asked what year my Porsche is or how nice my RX-7 is or the ever famous, hey nice car, what is it?

• 1 month later...

OMGOZZLES!

I overheard my friends just chatting about my datsun a while ago (love it when that happens, even though it's a heap in it's current state), and then they mentioned the new 350z commercial, with the kid looking in the car, and all that.. and it's raining, and how it had all the cars in it.

AND NOW I MUST WATCH IT! *searches*

• 3 months later...