HybridZ

Rb Z

Guest Aussie_zxT

Guest Aussie_zxT

hey guyz n girls this is the first time i've posted anything so here it goes... I thought a few people would like to have a look at the conversion i had done to my 79 280zx... But i must say i did not do this myself as i know very little about mechanics ATM....i had a friend do it for me who has much experience dealing with RB engines... So yeah the conversion from the l28 to the rb25det was a success and didnt have too many complications... There is still a fair way to go to get the car looking good but it certainly drives well and is due to hit the streets next week sometime complied and registered... will keep everyone updated on mods in time to come...

engine side1_thumb.jpg

280zx_thumb.JPG

intercooler_thumb.jpg

engine front_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard!! It's great to see an RB going in into a ZX. You don't see many of them. I'm in the process of doing an RB/zx swap as well, however i've been stuck on the tranny mount issue. I haven't been able to find anyone to make me one & have no idea how to weld, so im stuck...I have a few questions that i would like to ask you, would it be ok if I pm you ..Thanks

Guest Aussie_zxT

Thanks for the welcome notes.... Abes you can pm me thats no problems but as i said i didnt do the conversion i only helped but any information you need i guess i will be able to get it outa my mate as he pretty much did everything bar the wiring, sump and tail shaft

Hi aussie ZX,

car looks great! congrats!

do you know, or can you ask your friend, how easy it was to hook the power steering up in your car (i presume you have PS and used the RB25DET pump?).

i am thinking of using a 280zx power steering rack in my C110 240k, but i am not 100% sure yet if it will work with the RB25DET power steering pump (which i presume is a dual stage setup) ie. are the pressures etc. compatible?

any ideas?

Guest Aussie_zxT

hey pete sorry for the late reply but we did use skyline mounts sat in real nice... didnt have any problems with height clearance no modifications were needed.... and yo88o will get back to you with some info on power steering will be heading to a drift meet with my mate this weekend so will ask him about evrything then....got my car mod plated this week and is due for a roady on monday so not long to its street driveable cant wait...