HybridZ

240z Chevy 5.3 V8 work in progress (with Pictures)

Does the hood close with the truck intake? Looks like it might fit. I am going to put a 6.0 in my Z, and am wondering if I would need to get a LSx intake. I would rather keep the trucks longer intake runners than put the car ones shorter runners on.

Does the hood close with the truck intake? Looks like it might fit. I am going to put a 6.0 in my Z, and am wondering if I would need to get a LSx intake. I would rather keep the trucks longer intake runners than put the car ones shorter runners on.

I understand but I am going to put a hood scoop on the car. Will keep upp updated with pictures.

Milesz,

I am at the same point as you are in your swap and i am swaping the 5.3 4l60e into a 75 280z. I just finished extending the wire harness and figuring how to match it to the OEM 280 harness.

I have not gotten my JCI kit yet and was just wondering how you cut that tab off of the right side where the a/c comp. mounts since our blocks are iron? according to everything that i have read that is a requirement for mounting the JCI kit.

travrmk....you will need to use the lsx intake the injectors will not work so try to get the intake, rails and injectors. Oh, by the way the coil packs from the truck engine gets in the way of the fuel rail so get those also.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Also I have *heard* the truck oil pans (I assume it is a truck motor) are too deep. Did you change that out?

Are you using the stock truck oil pan or the F-body oil pan?

Is there a pulley you can get to replace the pump pulley?

I am wondering the same thing.

Does the hood close with the truck intake? Looks like it might fit.

I wonder about this too....

Thanks!!