- P-90 turbo head decked and re-worked

- A performance cam to match

- Rebuilt dual carburetors

- New HD radiator with electric fan

- Performance Header and all new exhaust

- 5 speed transmission

- New clutch

- R-200 rear

- Nissan Motor Sports brake upgrade with Drilled & Slotted brake rotors and stainless steel break lines

- New brake power booster

- 1972 Factory aluminum wheels with new tires

The best part about this car is the motor. It feels really strong. It needs alot of interior and body work, like the dash and headliner. The suspension could also use some tightening up. I wanted a project car and I think I got one:) Overall, I feel happy with the purchase but also feel that there is a whole lot of work ahead. Let the fun begin!

Question:

Does anyone have any idea of the HP a set up like this produces? Sorry, I'm a total 240z/280z noob.

Pictures:

My 240 z Pic 1

My 240 z Pic 2

My 240 z Pic 3

My 240 z Pic 4

Thank you all! I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with all of you.

As a little history, I have owned a 1979 280ZX, 300zx Z32 NA, and a 350z. I tell ya, I was just as excited driving the 240z home as I was when I got my 350z (sold now).

This car needs a little bit of everything. It is hard to gauge where to start. I was thinking suspension. I'm not very mechanically inclined but I can struggle through most challenges and I have other family members that can help. The car handles and feels alright but I do notice some play. I also want to reduce body roll and lower the car a little in preparation for fender flares with wider wheels in the future.

Is there a kit that comes with all the bushings and rubber suspension parts?

After replacing the bushings what strut & spring combination do you guys recommend for street (and maybe some light track) use?

Thanks again!

I'm in the East Lake Chula Vista area and sure we should meet and talk about our cars. Just let me know. Is there a Z club here in SD? I'd love to join and learn more about these cars.

I've been reading the FAQ section and wow, very, very helpful! This is a gem of a forum!

I also purchased the following books from amazon yesterday:

1. How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car (Paperback)

2. How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine (Paperback)

Thank u all!

Welcome to the Z lovers club.... be prepared to get frustrated, but excited....

these cars are the best. you're gonna have a lot of fun with it...

im in san diego as well. i know of a mechanic that can come to you, and is really reasonable if you need some help. also if you want to cruise some time let me know, my buddy and i go cruisin in our 240z all the time.

PM me and maybe we can come check out your car some time...

take care

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, so far I have rebuilt the entire suspension with Eibach springs and the Tokico blue struts. I also did the rear disc conversion and replaced all the front and rear bushings. Replaced the master and slave clutch cylinders too.

I'm collecting parts to go turbo now. The adventure continues......

• 1 year later...

Well, so far I have rebuilt the entire suspension with Eibach springs and the Tokico blue struts. I also did the rear disc conversion and replaced all the front and rear bushings. Replaced the master and slave clutch cylinders too.

I'm collecting parts to go turbo now. The adventure continues......

Hey whats up man!

I'm a new member too, I got a 74 260z about a month ago, not running yet but sooner or later it'll work.

I live in the Castle Park area of Chula Vista, I'm down for some cruising whenever I get it running.

Are you familiar with the road to Jamul and Tecate? Nice curves and straights.

Hey whats up man!

I'm a new member too, I got a 74 260z about a month ago, not running yet but sooner or later it'll work.

I live in the Castle Park area of Chula Vista, I'm down for some cruising whenever I get it running.

Are you familiar with the road to Jamul and Tecate? Nice curves and straights.

Check the post date of the original poster.