HybridZ

Any one dealt with Tabco body parts

AgentZ

Hey just want to get a general feeling on these guys, Service Quality and fit. Any good, any bad?

Main reason is that I am in New Zealand and have pretty much no support for Zs over here other than a few clubs. Looking at the rear fenders for a 280zx. Mine have nice panels made of bondo. Totally rusted out around the fuel filler and that sorta thing.

Their website says Free Shipping = Not True!

They told me they have it in stock, two months went by, never received my stuff. I called a few times to see what was happening. I was told they had 3 of my 4 pieces, did I want to wait for the fourth or ship out what they had. I said ship out what you have. I waited two more weeks, never received. They never shipped. I cancelled the order. I could not stand the Bull Crap anymore.

I got lucky and found and won on ebay what I had ordered from Tabco. Only I got real Nissan stuff!

There is another company, though I have not used:

http://www.rustrepair.com/repair_panels/onlinecat.htm?r=ru&p=sm-datsun

Edit: I was told that the shipping for my parts was going to be somewhere between $45-50 for two rocker panels and two dog legs.

Their website says Free Shipping = Not True!

I was apprehensive to say the least about the free shipping, but they did honor it. IMHO, I doubt they would honor it for an overseas shipment.

They told me they have it in stock, two months went by, never received my stuff. I called a few times to see what was happening.

Sorry to hear you had such a problem with them. I actually recommend them. It's been a few years since I ordered from them. Of course, if it's not in stock, you have to wait until they have enough orders to make a run of that item. Seems silly for you or me to have to order 10 ( or 20 or 50 - yikes) pieces of an item when you only need one, right? Can any of us really justify paying $216.00 for a part that normally sells for only $21.60? (silly Ebay antics aside, of course...) I'll call them when I order it, if it's not in stock, I'll ask what will it take to be 'in stock'? (of course, we have forums now that we can discuss who/what/where is going to ordering from who/what/where) and order that many pieces to get the order shipped and eBay the remaining... there are other people out there that don't want to/unwilling/lazy/do I need to go on/ are reluctant to order anything unless they can 'put their fingers on it' .... me being one of them...

just trying to give you another look at what the other guy is looking at....

• 3 months later...

I've dealt with them a bunch over the years and here's what I've learnd:

1. They wait until they get enough parts orders to justify the cost of switching tooling on the stamping machines. Sometimes that's two weeks or ten months.

2. The admin/sales staff really doesn't know what plant operations is doing or planning.

3. The admin/sales staff doesn't know what's been posted on the web site until you remind them and they go look at it.

4. They are pretty much our only source for these replacement panels so be nice to them. MSA, VB, and any other vendor selling replacement panels for the S30 are buying them from Tabco. That includes the rust repair web site listed above and most every eBay seller.

5. When you order stuff, order extra and if you don't need it, put it on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recommend TABCO. I have purchased their rocker panels and have found them to be of high quality. Below is a picture of the rocker panel mounted by www.gralasclassiccarshop.com - I highly recommend these guys as well. They are great with metal work, so if you're in the Atlanta area look these guys up - Paul Grala knows his Datsuns - don't let the Mustang specialty fool you!

PB170121-vi.jpg?1195429452 pixel.gifNext »

Photo 130 of 155

« Previous