HybridZ

does anyone know of an AWD z?

drwharton85

Guest Twistershift

A few years ago there was an article in Sport Compact Car or Turbo High Performance (Not sure). Anyway, some bigwig company (Nissan IIRC) guy in Japan was retiring or something, and his present was a 280ZX with Skyline GT-R underpinings/drivetrain. It was widebody and gold in color. Drool-worthy indeed. I wish I still had that issue.

• 2 weeks later...

A company in Japan called Garage Nakayama or something like that, built an AWD S30 for drag competitions in Japan, last year. Using the RB26 motor and drivetrain with custom mounts for the motor, trans, suspension, and a custom rear subframe. It was in an issueof Option Magazine that I was reading.

A company in Japan called Garage Nakayama or something like that, built an AWD S30 for drag competitions in Japan, last year. Using the RB26 motor and drivetrain with custom mounts for the motor, trans, suspension, and a custom rear subframe. It was in an issueof Option Magazine that I was reading.

Nakamura, I think.

I tried to figure out if the shop was in any way related to Kento Namura, but he owns URAS so it's a far stretch.

The major fabrication portion of the job would be the front suspension and driveshafts. I would think adapting the skyline R32-R34 double wishbone suspension would be doable.

Justin

Word has it that the entire floor pan of the GTR was welded in by shortening it in the middle to allow the wheel base to mimic that of the Z, while shortening the driveshaft took care of the rest.

On the Nakamura Z anyways.