HybridZ

new pics of my cobra z coupe

coyotegary

quick question... i notice over the rear wheel the normal "hump" following the body line is gone... did you just take the sheet metal off and weld in your own wide body piece or is that a fiberglass mold?? looks a bit strange with just a straight bodyline there but amazing work none the less! MOre pics of the interior please =0)

I have to say that it AINT my cup of Z at ALL... BUT I must agree, :hail:

incredible, incredible work. That is an IMPRESSIVE Z!!! I never thought I would see one look MORE like a WWII Aircraft!

EDIT I just saw the vid of the car in motion and changed my mind, it IS my cup of Z!!

the dash started off life as a john washington velarossa fiberglass dash. we then added a custom aluminum gauge plate insert . painted and cleared it as well. i have pics of the dash and console in the paint booth. i will post one later tonight if you want to see

also.... DAERON thank you for your support . even though it might not be your choice of a styled kit. i appreciate that you see the work that went into it. so many people trash projects like this if it isnt what they would have done . they cant just appreciate all the time and effort that went into it and say anything nice.

my 2 cents worth..........if we all made our cars look the same it would get to be a pretty boring world.i have a stock 72 Z that i love . it has won 1st place awards twice at MSA. so it only seems right to mix it up with a few after all these years

i stopped by there yesterday to pick up a gas tank and took a look at it again. even in the curved areas of the body, i could shave my face in the reflection. the paint is that smooth. the engine bay is clean and as fara as a smokey, there are 2 12" wide striped in front of the shop in the parking lot. i will bring my cam corder on friday gary to get footage of that. that body work and paint is amazing in person.

jimbo

talso.... DAERON thank you for your support . even though it might not be your choice of a styled kit. i appreciate that you see the work that went into it. so many people trash projects like this if it isnt what they would have done . they cant just appreciate all the time and effort that went into it and say anything nice.

No need to thank me, We just exchanged words about my thoughts on your work and its quality :D The rest of your projects seem to ring true in my eyes, but I have a certain "un-Hybrid-like" strain to my passion for the Z's, and that keeps my tastes on the S30 body kits or extreme revision somewhat restricted..

..but mostly I had to say that I was amazed at how much MORE like a WWII airplane it looked than the natural Z lines!! The cobra front end is undoubtedly one of the more stunning "faces" ever put onto a vehicle, and 99% of my "distaste" (honestly, even that is too strong a word.. I don't DISlike it, but it doesn't have my jaw on the floor from looks alone) comes from plain and simple shock.

Its taken me years to even accept 280 and 300ZXs as "deserving of the title of Z-Car;" I am a strange d00d.:icon45:

EDIT I was wrong, i saw the vid and it IS dead sexy, post edited for posterity's sake