HybridZ

steel or aluminum strap/bar in SoCal?

David K

M&K metals in Gardena, on Western just north of Rosecrans is where I always go.

There is also Action metals in Wilmington on PCH just north of Alameda street, but I can never figure out where the front of the place is or where to park, so I always end up at M&K

And there's always yahoo yellow pages:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?stx=metal&stp=n&city=Long+Beach&state=CA&uzip=90802&country=us&msa=4480&cs=4&ed=Ml7ZoK1o2Tz7LGVA50idRaamqnUlOw_cUhO07HASFF.AVQ--

I SECOND THAT SECOND SUGGESTION FROM JOHN C!

Schorr Metals in Anaheim, Off the 91 at Kraemer/Glassell, North to Placentia---Southwest corner of Placentia and Kraemer.

They sell surplus metal by the pound, as well as new stuff. It's RIGHT around the corner from McFadden-Dale hardware, as well! Perfect proximity for one-stop-shopping. Between those two places you can get in real trouble!

They have short end-cuts of Billet Aluminum, nice for lathe projects when you don't want a big peice or to pay for new stuff and pay a cutting charge.

I buy a lot of 1/4" Diamond Plate (Aluminum) there for trailer decking, and floorboard stuff. The prices are posted by color code---really easy to figure out. I have been going there for years...like since 1990! And I didn't even know they had a website!!! LOL

"They sell surplus metal by the pound, as well as new stuff. It's RIGHT around the corner from McFadden-Dale hardware, as well! Perfect proximity for one-stop-shopping. Between those two places you can get in real trouble!"

....and Orvac electrical supply is a little ways down from them as well!