HybridZ

Interior Help

MOJO13

• 1 year later...

Searched, and nothing came up under "Headliner" as it pertains to my dilemma. As many of you might know by now, my car came to me as a STRIPPED, NON-rolling shell. Over the many years of this build, I have accumulated parts to 'make a whole car out of a partial car'. It has been tedious, to say the least. Around every corner seem to be yet another piece that the car needs in reassembly.

Which....brings me to my next hurdle. As in the original poster, I could REALLY use some pics of the pillar pieces, and front piece that visors mount to. There are reupholstery kits online; but, one vendor said that I need the "pieces" to ATTACH the vinyl to...... ??? I thought that the vinyl was attached to the metal of the car. Apparently, there is some semi-rigid piece that 'mounts' in those spaces...and I haven't a clue what they are made of.

It is highly likely that I will have to 'create' a piece for this detail; but, a pic [or more] for reference would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS !!!!

My 260Z did not have any rigid pieces in the headliner. The vinyl is backed with 1/4 thick foam rubber, and is glued directly to the metal. If you need a template, Ill see if i can dig mine out and make ya one. Would probably be less expensive to buy the vinyl / foam and cut it out yourself.

'Dan'...that's what I thought. The guy at Upgrade Motoring told me that they sold the vinyl "REPAIR" kit which was to be applied to 'the PIECES'. I tried not to come off as argumentative; but, there is no attachment point for a 'piece' along the door opening header 'rails'...unless it clips on somehow.... ? My understanding has always been that it is merely foam-backed vinyl that is simply glued to the metal.

Anyway, a template would be HUGELY appreciated. PM me, and we can discuss. I am happy to pay for it, but perhaps I have an unusual part that you may need.

Thanks...

Stan

• 10 months later...

In a 72 240Z can the headliner be installed without removing the windshield and side header parts? My headliner has to be replaced, but my headers are in good shape and I want to avoid destroying them to get them off the car.

Thanks

Miles