HybridZ

Great Street Tires

I just had my new 235/40/17 Bridgestone SO3s installed today and I have to say they are the best grippn street tire I've ever had.

After breaking them in for a couple hours of driving, it started to rain. Boy that's where they really shine.

With my old Summitommos, if it was wet out, I could really get hurt fast when my turbo came on. Not any longer. They are very hard to break traction on wet ground, and same goes when dry.

Love em'

Now why does everyone say you've got to roll the fender lips to fit 17" rims on a Z? Those rims fit the fender wells perfectly, and it doesn't appear as though you have rolled fenders or flares. Very nice rims, by the way.

Ya know, I'm not sure one wouldn't if reg type wheels were used. These are front wheel drive wheels with five lug billet spacers.

Although I found this set up puts everything back in the same place as stock, the offset is something like 35mm if I remember right..

joel

Thanks for the complements guyz. These are 17X7 Raptor wheels with a 40mm offset. I have 1 3/4" (total) two peice spacers which as I said, put the wheels in the stock location. When I first put them on, I had 215/40 17s on them and I kinda like the way the tire size looked compared to the 235/40s.

The 215's were even with the rim edge. The 235's kind of baloon out from the rims, kinda like there almost to big for a 7" rim?

I don't know, maybe it'll grow on me after a while. I seem to be the only one that don't like the bigger tire look...

Len, that reminds me of something funny i thought i would share. When I was stationed in Germany in the air force, my first sargent would always give us a briefing before we left base for the weekend. With the autobahns, no speed limit, and all of us owning 135+ MPH mercedes, his last word of advice before ending the meeting was always

"NEVER GO FASTER THAN YOUR TIRES COST!"

Bill

Originally posted by RPMS:

quote:

Originally posted by 74260ZT:

Yep. They are 4 to 5 lug two peice spacers
You now have my full and undivided attention.
eek2.gif
Would you please tell me where you got them? I didn't know such an animal was available for our cars!

And I've gotta say, I really like the way they look on your car! Nice rims + fat rubber + shiny red car = GREAT look!!

Yeah, I just put on a set of Bridgestone Potenza 245/50 on a 16"x7" racing wheels on the back of my turbo and man the handling is like night and day :eek: . I can still burn them but the feeling of the power laying on the ground is awesome...don't even get me started on powersliding through curves lol. 17's fit nicely in a Z wheel well by the way...I'm considering putting in 18's in the back and 17's in the front to fill them in. The 16's I have right now still sit's in flush behind the wheel well (no spacer for the back). Bigger wheels or spacers will fill them in nicely.

As for the spacers...I have a buddy who has a nice set of 17" deep dish that he's been dying to put into his 280zx...the only thing is he can't find anyone to make a 4 to 5 lug spacer. Any info and help would be GREATLY appreciated.