HybridZ

L28et in a datsun pickup?

big-phil

Would it fit?? call me crazy, but I've got this 83 turbo car burning a hole in my pocket then I saw this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-1977-Datsun-Pickup-kingcab_W0QQitemZ290156144922QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would the motor and tranny from the zxt fit into the truck? I've got a welder and lots of beer.

I think it would be cool as f@#$ to turbo this truck, paint it, lower it, put some sportmax wheels on it????

is there enough room from the radiator to the fire wall?

go to ratsun.net, the guys over there could tell you if it would fit. i cant remember, but someone over there has done it. the 4 banger in there is the identicle motor as ours, but without the 2 center cylinders. i have a 75 620 truck (smaller than that) and its pretty tight inside the engine bay, and theres not room to come inside the cab, just a little in the center. im 6' and dont fit well into the cab. you would have to sit in the rear king cab part, just to fit without moving the firewall. and your sport max wheels wont fit, they are 6 bolt. chevy wheels fit tho, direct bolt on. at least that year had front dics, solid not vented. hope that helps.

Per my measurements, the L28 will not fit without cutting into the firewall. I considered this same swap into my sons 521 PU but opt'ed for an SR20det.This also goes for the 510. Both were designed for a 4 cyl and theres no room for the extra 2 jugs.Luckily, the distance from the motor mou nts to the front of each motors is the same, so theres little to no mods needed in front. I say , go for it.

Phil,

Try this site for truck info. Also, an acquaintance of mine makes and sells disc brake conversion parts for Datsun trucks on this site. You have to look to find him. He's reputable and has pics of Brembo or 300Z brakes on his truck. The truck guys on the site are pretty passionate about their rides, similar to us.

http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/default.asp

Davy