HybridZ

questions on injectors and computers

triple B

ok i am going to b making my injector purchase from RC engineering this next week.

i am going with a miniumum of a 750 cc injector but i am curious as to what type people are using and what your impressions are

i have the choice of peak hold type and saturated type. i was going to go with a peak hold.

the other issue i have is which ECM to use. i have it down to a Greddy e-mangage ultimate and a apexi power FC

i am having a hard time making the choice so if anybody has expereince with either please share your impressions and expereinces with them:biggrin:

apexi power fc for rb25 is discontinued but you can still get them...if you're patient you can find one reasonably priced. i believe the emanage is a piggy back...at least the one my friend got for his bmw was...and he had to wire a ton of crap, my power fc is just an ecu i plug in with the 10mm bolt on the wiring harness. if i could do it all over again i'd bite the bullet and get the aem ems though since i could have more than one tune, go map sensor, 2 step launch control, DATA LOG!!! etc. the power fc you can data log but then you gotta buy all the add on crap, which in the end you might as well have just got the aem...just my .02

i'm running deutche werk 550's side fed which should be fine for 550ish hp, not that my turbo's gonna make that much but in any case, i'm getting tuned tomorrow since i just put the new block in with wiseco pistons 20 over and acl bearings so maybe we can go passed 22 psi it made 441/381 at 22psi when i used my friends datalogit before i popped my stock pistons so i dunno. if you want like 700hp than ya i'd go bigger than 550's.

i did make 400rwhp/330tq on a $200 safc....which since stock they're 370cc, you can go to 555 tops and run/tune it all with an safc. granted my power band with the power fc kicks thae safc's ass since he can adjust timing as well as a/f ratio's but it's a cost effective alternative.

good luck bro =]

Dave

I'd say bite the bullet and run another EMS all together. Scotty is running a haltec and I will be running a wolf(in the next few weeks). If you need to know just about anything about standalones, contact ron tyler. That is his screen name here. I am pretty sure that he will know a lot about the emanage, safc and the power fc. I am sure he can describe most of the differences.

i dont know much about the piggy back systems but i love my haltech, working on getting a machine that will run xp and the dos version of the haltech program so i can use the machine to run my media center too. I want to take the radio out of the dash and just use the machine to run mp3's and movies if i want to watch one at some time. I love the haltech cuz as mentioned above it data-logs and has many extra outputs for extra goodies ;) can't wait to see that thing running and going down the track :) Oh yea my injectors are stockers ;)

Going back to triple B's original questions, what are the tradeoffs between Peak/Hold and Saturated injectors? Why choose one over the other?

yeah basically. some guys in the shop explained the differences today to me but really could not tell me the drawbacks or advantages of either.

Hey Ron correct me if I'm wrong, but this might help in his search

Peak and hold = Low impedance

Saturated = High impedance

Search for these terms and you ems manufacturer will be designed for one or both

ahh very good that was the other thing i was curious about. i noticed the resistance ratings were way different between the 2

• Administrators

i guess you are the man to talk to about my EMS dillemma

I'm not much of a piggyback fan. That's not intended to be derogatory, they just don't normally fit my needs.

I think they're great if you are happy overall with the current tune, but just want to massage a couple area's. They're generally affordable and easy to install/use.

Standalones are an entirely different level of control. I don't have time for a novel tonite so start with this... it'll keep you busy for a bit... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119404&highlight=ECU

Hey Ron correct me if I'm wrong, but this might help in his search

Peak and hold = Low impedance

Saturated = High impedance

Correct. Any EMS designed to drive P&H will also drive saturated, but not the contrary.

you can have multiple tunes if you get the power fc pro i think is the name of the add on, where you can hook up a labtop to it and save your tunes in files then just upload whatever tune you want when you want it, it's also needed for datalogging which saves you a crap load of money on the dyno. with just the power fc commander he can tune my car, but it's pull after pull after pull adjusting 1 or 2 cells at a time. with the datalogger he can adjust 10 cells at a time or more.

If you are local to the PA area you can get an ECU reflash which is 700 including a tune then 120 for every tune after the fact. It uses a stock computer just chipped for a custom tune. I will be using that with deatschwerks 550s and a t3/t4 turbo

-E

rather go standalone.

well money is a concern for me as i am budgetign to get the car running by summer 2008.

i have seen the power FC pro i guess if i can find a decent price for it i will get that as i know of a couple places that are familier with it and can tune the car with the power FC

even with the harness the price on the emanage from mynismo is nice

Ill speak for the power FC setup with Datalogit software. I have it in my car.

Plug and play is freaking awesome, my car is a driver and I did not want to go full standalone.

If datalogging etc is a concern, get the datalogit software. That was one of the best investments I have made.

I would buy it again. AEM is what like 1600 bucks? After all was said and done (I got my FC when they were easy to find) I have almost 500 less in this system.

Evan