HybridZ

1JZ Mounts?

theianmonster

Hey Ian, glad to see you here!

As for the motor mounts, the 1JZ mounts should be the same as in 2JZ swapped cars. Mike a.k.a. Z-Gad posted some pictures of a 2JZ longblock mounted in his 240Z's engine bay.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123611

Additionally, RUSSJZ-ZED has a 260Z-1JZ, here's his album on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russjz-zed/

There are specific motor mount pictures there, and I don't think they differ in RHD and LHD cars (Russ' car is an Australian market 260Z, meaning it is RHD). Hope this was a bit of help.

Tony

(aka Darkstar from classiczcars.com forum)

Hello and welcome to the 240JZ or 7M club,

1JZ mounts on the 1JZ engine block to my knowledge are in the same exact position as 2JZ engine block mounts. The 2JZ block is just a little taller than the 1JZ block so the mounts will be a little bit higher depending on how you look at it. The rubber/steel/aluminum engine mount insulators that mount to the cast aluminum engine mounts bolted to the JZ block are also interchangeable as far as I know. I put all the readibly available from any Toyota dealer, engine mount part numbers in a post started by Jason I believe.(click on my name and then click on "find all posts by oatmilk and you should find it)

What you may have gathered in reading the other Toyota JZ posts is that all of the mounts were custom made. If you look at Zgad's and Cyrus's mounts(the most well known and documented in the USA) you'll see that they too were custom made. My 2JZ mounts were custom made by BetaMotorsports. John told me that he could make another set of my mounts and it should fit into another 240z. So that may be the best option out there if you don't do it yourself or have someone else do it for you. FYI: My mounts look very similar to Zgads in layout. I'll post pictures soon in the Members 240Z Projects section. In the mean time you could check out Zgads/Cyrus pics in Members galleries section if you haven't already done so. I hope this helps you a little and leads you in the right direction.

The rubber mounts on the chaser 1J are different to Mk 3 Supra,(two studs one end , one on the other) also metal mounts to block did not look like pictures I have seen of Aristo/Lexus and Soarers. Don't assume Toyota used same bits on all models.

I found when setting up the location of engine (dumped the whole lot, with accessories, into car and blocked it to it's final resting place)that retaining the original Toyota metal brackets was going to make more trouble than what it was worth, steering intermediate shaft clearance for starters, made pattens with MDF to get the weight to be bearing on top of the rails. MDF easy to work with to get it set up ,chop bits out till you get the right fit, then do steel.

By getting away from dat mountings on crossmember(cut them off)weight goes back-also makes it easy to remove rack/suspension when you need to.

• 3 months later...