HybridZ

What can I use to clean the primer dust off?

80LS1T

So what can I use to clean the primer/paint dust off my engine components that is caked on? It's not like the stuff was wet when it settled on the stuff but it doesnt seem to come off unless I wipe it off with a rag, which could take for ever! So what kind of cleaner have you guys used with good success for something like this?

Guy

Yeah I have pressure washed it but that seems to have only got about 85% of it off. I want the easy way out on this one if there is one! LOL Worst comes to worse I will get out the elbow grease!

Guy

Off Topic- My younger brother has a rc car that he drives in the mud and all and he said how do you clean it. i answered you have to get and towel and elbow grease. he says i got a towel but i dont think we have any elbow grease....can we go to the store and buy a can. i couldnt do anything except LMAO..

As for paint overspray i have used gasoline and alcohol they seem to work good. And you will have to use some "elbow grease".

I started scrubbing tonight. It's coming off pretty easily actually. I am just using soap and water with some scrubbing sponges. I used some engine degreaser too(the new gel kind made by Gunk) and it seemed to help.

Tommorow I going to spray it down with some diluted armoral to make it all shiny for the car show I'm taking it to on Friday!

Thanks guys!

Guy