HybridZ

Halo 3

Globerunner513

no, i never understood hte concept of having to be THE FIRST to get a game, operating system, or see a movie

The only logical conclusion I've come up with is that the person camping out at midnight can be the first one to rush home and post on the internet about their experience. And then take a day off work/school to play the game.

I mean, what's the point? The game won't change. And people on other forums are already posting about beating the game. 10 hours for single player isn't exactly awe-inspiring (I know it's designed for multiplayer)

my friend's brother camped out for Lord of the Rings. Why? I just waited 4 days, saw it in the theater on a Wed. night, where I didn't have to wait in line or fight for seats

some of my clients were in line. they are still playing. whoppie. they were also in line for star wars 3, lord of the rings trilogy back to back before the return of the king, and waited in line for wow. mind you, these are men in their mid 30's, married, kids, AND deny that they are nerds. they have themselves as simpson characters on their computers. they just need a pocket protector and scotch tape on their glasses to complete the look.

jimbo

no, i never understood hte concept of having to be THE FIRST to get a game, operating system, or see a movie

The only logical conclusion I've come up with is that the person camping out at midnight can be the first one to rush home and post on the internet about their experience. And then take a day off work/school to play the game.

I mean, what's the point? The game won't change. And people on other forums are already posting about beating the game. 10 hours for single player isn't exactly awe-inspiring (I know it's designed for multiplayer)

my friend's brother camped out for Lord of the Rings. Why? I just waited 4 days, saw it in the theater on a Wed. night, where I didn't have to wait in line or fight for seats

To be a part of something, I stood in line for halo 2

Why? Because it was fun it was worth it you get the whole experience everybody has the same goal and there all very excited its well worth it imo

Ive played the halo series since the originals release and to this day i still love it

because attention spans are shorter. Halo 3 didn't strike me as anything but a graphics upgrade. I wasn't impressed with the 1.5hrs of it I saw in my Production for Media class the other day (if you guys didn't know, i'm in a graduate program for video game design...I'm in the art track, but we all sit in on the production track because it's easy). The AI in Halo is weak, and the level design is nothing special in my opinion. I can't help but compare it to Bioshock, and it comes up lacking big time. I'll put it like this: no computer controlled enemy in Halo is going to drop down through a hole in the floor so they can come up the stairs behind you and shoot you in the back, nor will they pretend to be dead until you get close enough to them-both of these things happen routinely in Bioshock. Enemies in Halo rarely even chase you...the single player mode in the Halo games is so weak, the best way to win the game is to simply run full sprint and not stop for anything. You can almost beat the game without killing anything at all...