HybridZ

2500 miles on LS1 swap!!!!!

Well I hit the 2500 mile mark on the swap in less than 2 weeks!! Just returned from Daytona and I am happy to report no problems all the way down --> track day --> back to NY. I had a great time on the track and thinking of how the car performed puts a big smile on my face and was worth every moment within the past 2 years. My Z was one of four LS1 powered Z’s at the convention, so that was a good feeling. On the road trip the Z got 30-33mpg @ 85mph turning 2100rpm. Ran at a cool 180 degrees the entire trip and around 195 during the track event. Brakes held up well and suspension needs to be worked out during the winter. Hope this keeps you guys who are close to keep going with your work and others to get their car ready for the next convention. I really have to thank HBZ and David and Vihn for helping out these past few months. Now it is time to get the car ready for next spring!! More track time!!! =)

Pic of my gf and the Z in Daytona

DC_218.jpg

Well I hit the 2500 mile mark on the swap in less than 2 weeks!! Just returned from Daytona and I am happy to report no problems all the way down --> track day --> back to NY. I had a great time on the track and thinking of how the car performed puts a big smile on my face and was worth every moment within the past 2 years. My Z was one of four LS1 powered Z’s at the convention, so that was a good feeling. On the road trip the Z got 30-33mpg @ 85mph turning 2100rpm. Ran at a cool 180 degrees the entire trip and around 195 during the track event. Brakes held up well and suspension needs to be worked out during the winter. Hope this keeps you guys who are close to keep going with your work and others to get their car ready for the next convention. I really have to thank HBZ and David and Vihn for helping out these past few months. Now it is time to get the car ready for next spring!! More track time!!! =)

Pic of my gf and the Z in Daytona

DC_218.jpg

Clive,

It was great hanging out with you at the Z convention. The people I have met throught HybridZ are the best. I can't wait for the Zvention next year. If you plan to be down this way, let me know so we can get together for a cruise.

Here is a short driving vid from the trip down:

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx?key=F3B96B9C9DE4075F

Short Vid of the Z the first night I ever took it out. Friend of mine was racing a 99 m3 on 100 shot of juice...so I started behind just to get a feel for my own car. What you think? lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/55e0d848-0b9c-411c-b6c6-99c2013494d5.htm

I will post other vids n pics here

Awesome Clive!

AHH Fast beautiful cars, Beautiful women and being Young!!!!!

Well, I'm striving for 2 outa 3, I'm too old for the young part, but don't tell that to my mind, It still thinks I am 24, until I look in the mirror.

The swap is getting there, motor is in, being trailered out Sat for more welding etc.

I sent you a PM, I will post some progress pics in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Greg

1976 280Z LT1/T56 R200 CLSD in progress

1978 280Z In need of some body work, Next turbo project!

love the b&w pic of janel on the hood, let me see if i can convince ann marie to pose for the same!

My car isn't painted yet!! lol I do love the way the pic came out.

Dudeboy- I know you will be please with your car. Keep us updated as well.....I think I am still smiling a whole 5 days later! =)

We put 2500 miles on my friend's LS1 Cobra also. One small problem with the differtial and the driveshaft though. The Cobra has the LSD and we are using the U joint axles. They won't lock into the diff so it was loosing oil slowly. That problem is solved now. The drive shaft also got some new grade 7 bolts with lock tite. We are ready for the next trip already.