HybridZ

Anyone want a dog ?

nbesheer

Hey guys a friend of mine has a young boxer dog that is I want to say between 1 and 2 years old. Not a puppy but still young. Anyways the dog has a lot of energy and the owner of the dog can't keep up with it and it always wants to play with the four other dogs in the house which are chihuahuas so the size different is painful lol. I don't know if their selling the dog or just giving it away but I am pretty positive they are just giving it away to a good home. so let me know. the dog is pretty cool just has a lot of energy. I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Maybe you could recommend that your friend contact a Boxer Rescue, they will find a good home for the breed. They understand the dog, and will place him or her in a loving home. Wish I could take the dog but I have an American Bulldog who is just an energetic and has almost the same living conditions except my dog lives with 4 cats. If your friend truly loves the dog and wants to keep the dog he should think about buying an electric collar....it works great. I rarely have to use the electric on my dog, I use the call button that warns him that he is going to get shocked. He usually responds to the beep(which is what the call button does). I think give more time and training he will be a great friend to the other dogs in the house. Your friend should do what he can to keep his pet.

If you go to a vet office and explain to the Doc the situation (that the dog is really hyper and what not) some docs could prescribe ACE. It Calms and relaxes the dogs a bit. The Animal hospital i work at does prescribes it if needed. I would look into that before getting rid of the dog.

Guest 280ZForce

hey guys, i live pretty close to nbesheer and met up w/ his friend and him to check out the dog... the dog is about 1.5 years old, has it shots, neutered (male), licensed, chipped and has records.

Very playful dog and a rather big dog, trust me, the pics do not do justice to his size. He is a very stout dog.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

^^^

If the dog gets no exercise he will be hyper, trust me I know I have a Bull Terrier he never get's tired. Maybe they have no time for him period.

yes thats true. Exercise does help. But some dogs will always be super hyper. Ive seen dogs that need to be on ace (or an equivalent med) the rest of they;re life cause they are too hyper no matter how much exercise they get.

I just think that ace would be something to look into before getting rid of him.

Sadly we're not going to be shipping the dog.

no problem

i hope u find a good home for him, as long as people understand that they are an energenic dog and as such need someone who can be with them for walks etc everyday at least for a couple more years. although they say that boxers are pups there whole life.

good luck bob