HybridZ

So here are the pics I promised

AKWIKZ

Guys,

Here are a couple pics of the "somewhat" finished swap. These were taken at the JCCS last weekend. To be honest, aside from my engine bay my car was the ugly duckling of the Skyline group. My wheels never came in and thus my car sat as high as a 4x4. But hey, I made it to the show. Anyhow, here you go;

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4659.JPG

And here is a video of when we got it fired up. Please excuse my lame commentary and questionable hair-do. It had been a long few weeks and the excitement of hearing it run got the better of me.

Brian

That coil cover and front cover combo is freakin ridiculous

yeah, and they're pretty well priced too! I think it's like 500 bucks for the combo, which is probably the same price from Nissan, so if you know someone that needs some, sell them for 200 and buy the carbon kevlar ones :D

Here is a newer vid after I had a little time to adjust things.

I have the idle down and the fuel pressure sorted. The pressure was easy, the Aeromotive regulator was almost dead on from the factory. I just cranked it about 1 turn. The idle was odd, I thought the IAC valve was the problem and started messing with that. Note to all, don't start here. This is not the problem, guaranteed. Very little change happens with this at idle. What I did find later is that this is very important if you have a BOV that vents to atmosphere. My RB would try to die immediately upon release of the throttle. The IAC keeps the available vacuum in check. I adjusted it back out and now she responds pretty well. I will most likely need to get an HKS EIDS to really make it happy, but that's later. Anyhow the main idle issue was the throttle rod. It must have been just slightly bent because once I backed out the four mounting screws the idle dropped. I re-tightened them slowly and found the one that made the difference. I tightened this one last just to the point of being snug. It may sound loud in the video, but it's a bit deceptive. Enjoy

Brian