HybridZ

N/a Turbo fuel pressure/ timing

savageskaterkid

I have the stock N/a electronics on my L28. It is now boosted, I plan to fire it up this weekend. I will have the megasquirt setup within the next few weeks, I just need to get it running under boost for a test run before I do the megasquirt install. I am also considering doing a dyno run before and after megasquirt. I have a mallory adjustable FPR, and would like to know what kind of pressure I should set it at, and a good mark to set the timing. My setup is in my sig.

Any ideas?

Fuel pressure should be around 36psi, with the vacuum line disconnected. It will go down to 28-30psi when you connect the vacuum line. Mind, that's for a stock car, with a stock vacuum actuated FPR which will have a base fuel pressure that goes down under vacuum and up under boost. Hopefully your Mallory Unit will act similarly, because with boost, you kinda wanna make sure your FP goes up with boost.

FuelPressureRegulator.jpg

your best bet on fuel would use one of those bandaid fix fpr that rise the fp like 8 psi per 1 psi of boost and cross your fingers...

or raise the fp to like 70 psi with the vac line disconnected... and as for the timing retard it like 8 degrees from stock depending on your total advance.....

just a start..

also on the fuel note if you do just up the pressure significantly you may want to tighten the spring in your afm a bit to compensate

but if I were you I'd wait for the megasquirt install your only asking for melted pistons or holes in pistons blown headgaskets etc....

although there are people who are out there that will say Ive ran the na injectors by doing nothing more than raising fuel pressure alone........

good luck at anyrate